The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Owner Dying, 2 Horses Need Homes Urgently -- Pittsburgh area

FORWARDING post, I have no further info. Photos were not available.

Contact info below.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Raquel Ferotti
    Founder/ President
    Mountain View Rescue
    mountainviewrescue@yahoo.com
    helpinghorses@mountainviewrescue.com

HELP..... This is a very sad situation. Information on these two horses is below. My friend, Sheryle, is an attorney and is assisting this couple with the placement of their beloved registered TWH's, Sundance and Reba. These horses were born on their farm and are inseparable. They MUST find a home TOGETHER. Sheryle is going to see if she can get dental done pro bono for them. Please crosspost. We do not have much time. Their owner would like to know they are safe in a good home, together, before he passes away for peace of mind. I'm getting teary-eyed typing this.

Edited to add: Sheryle's vet will float their teeth and do anything else for them that is needed prior to them leaving for a new home. The new "owner" will not incur any initial vetting/dental expenses.

Sundance & Reba

21 & 24 yo registered TWH gelding and mare. Approx 15.1 - 15.2 hands

Sundance is the chestnut with stripe. Reba is the bay. They were born on the farm they have lived on all their years and have never been separated. Their owner has a terminal health condition and must find them a home quickly. They must go as a pair. They have been trail ridden and are very good on trails. Reba likes to be the one in charge. Sundance is fine with that. They are both very "people oriented" They have never been "stalled', but come and go as they please. And, I just found out they cannot be stalled. He taught them not to pee in the barn! The photos are slightly deceiving. They do need to gain weight before they are ridden. They are currently located in Sewickley, PA (a suburb of Pittsburgh). Owner wants the peace of mind that they will live in a good home - together - the remainder of their lives.

Can someone transport them to eastern NC?
    Confused owner of ASB Johann(AKA Smith), Morgan Sebastian, and TWH Bach. Oh, and now Dora, buckskin mare