The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best Tack Stores in PNW?

Yes, the PNW is a large area. And I'm willing to travel, in this particular instance. Lets say best tack stores between Eugene and Seattle.

I'm on the hunt for the perfect hunt coat, and I'd really like to be able to try on LOTS of different brands. I've had GP and RJ, and the RJ's don't seem to fit me as well as the GP, but I'd also like to try on the other brands available and I'm hoping for a wide selection of colors/patterns in my size. I have every intention of purchasing at least one, if not two, hunt coats, in addition to finding a nice dressage coat as well (but that is neither here nor there, since I'm on the H/J forum). I'm primarily an eventer, but I have a strong penchant for fashion.

I've been up to Gallops in Portland (I'm in Salem) and find their selection a little bit limited for what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations? I know there has to be some really great places up near Seattle, and like I said - I'm willing to travel!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Olsens in Seattle has a pretty good selection. I was just in there a month ago to be fitted for boots and I tried on a few hunt coats. I was only looking at Grand Prix's (only brand that seems to fit me), but I do know they have RJ's as well.

http://www.olsonstack.com/

Give them a call, they are great to work with!

maybe a bit too far north but in the PNW you can cross the border and check out the tack stores just over the border in Canada - there are some very good ones and depending on the US $ exchange you can get good deals and they are located quite close to the border crossing.

I've never been there but I've heard so much about Olsen's that I would definitely stop by, plus they have a good website.

I have to imagine that between Olson's (in Bellevue: http://www.olsonstack.com/) and The Gift Horse (in Woodinville: http://www.gifthorsesaddlery.com/), you'd be able to find anything you wanted.

Glisan St. Saddlery in Portland for dressage stuff.
    "A good horse and a good rider are only so in mutual trust."
    -H.M.E.