The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Chris Kappler Clinic?

Has anyone ever taken lessons or a clinic from Chris Kappler? I have an opportunity to help at one of his clinics and then get a free pass to audit when I'm not working. I'm really excited, and I going regardless. I just wanted to know what COTHers thought about him.

I'm interested in information in riding in this clinic, but every time I try to call I get an "unavailable" message?
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

Far as the clinic itself?

When I have watched him teach, he expects a certain level of competence in both horse and rider-and if you are in that 3'6"+ group, you darn well better belong there. He will expect you to be able to come forward freely to big fences and be able to make any adjustments in stride needed.

He is quite good, of course, but a better choice for the more advanced rider and capable horse.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Thanks! I'm actually not riding in the clinic, just getting the chance to audit in exchange for working there. TDR, I sent you a PM.

My trainer thinks very highly of him, and she will be at the clinic he's doing in Tennessee. I think it's December 11 in Shelbyville at Calsonic. She's done clinics with him before.

Thank you! I'm very excited, because I've never audited or been in a clinic before. I'm going in not expecting a whole lot of time to audit, because I don't think that there are very man volunteers...but I'd be happy if I got to watch for an hour overall.

ReeseEquestrian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDreamRides View Post
    I'm interested in information in riding in this clinic, but every time I try to call I get an "unavailable" message?
    Hello, all! Couldn't help but check this thread out when I was passing through! So happy to have the volunteer response we have, and yes, you should get lots of time to audit as likely you'll never get far from the ring! The Calsonic is a world class indoor with a councourse and most of the help will be right there around the arena. The positions in the barn area and at the gate will be rotated out throughout the day so everyone gets as much time as possible inside. I am so excited about Chris' visit because he is a really NICE guy. Yes, he's going to expect you to be truthful about your ability and he'll ask new things of you (if he didn't, he wouldn't be the instructor that he is) but he has enabled us to offer sessions as low as 2'6" - 2'9", so there is room for every level. I was disappointed to hear that there are some problems getting through to my cell. I have had calls off the Chronicle ad for the clinic so I know the number is right and my cell is fine because it rings CONSTANTLY lol! If you can't get through again, my website can help you out! I look foward to seeing some of you there!