The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default South Carolina peeps

Anyone live close to Holly Hill, SC

Well then does anyone know if there are any driving or dressage activities near Charleston?

I don't know of anyone down that way, but check with the Aiken Driving club they might know of someone that is down that way.

Karen in the upstate

I don't know about Charleston. There is a place in Bluffton that has had several drives - it is called Palmetto Bluff. Their website is palmetto-bluff.com I believe. You are only about 100 miles from Aiken and there is a large group of drivers east of Aiken in Windsor, here there is something almost every weekend all winter long.

Yea, I looked it up and Aiken is less than a 2 hour drive so I will probably head that way quite often. Thanks I'll check out the palmetto-bluff site. I won't actually be in Charleston but about 45 minutes north of there. Anything around Santee?

If you don't mind the drive Windsor SC is a great place for drivers. We really have a great group of people here form novices to advanced drivers. Everyone has a great attitude, we all try to help each other. There are ADT's, HDT's and other events almost every week. Come on up!! It's a fab place to live.
    Tandem Hill Farm
    www.tandemhillfarm.com

Robert j Chambers on Facebook

You can also join the Carolina Carriage Club, based in the Landrum SC, Tryon NC area. We have several drives each year in Landrum area which should be about as close to you as Aiken. www.carolinacarriage.org

Thanks you guys are great

Hi again,
    Santee is also about 2.5 hours from Southern Pines. They have an active group as well, with lots of mini cdes and stuff. Sounds like you are pretty centrally located to lots of things!

Question Aiken activity

Hey all.. this is as good as any place to ask.. planning on looking at Horsey property to buy in Aiken in Mid-December..

Where are most of the driving activities near Aiken? Do most of you all drive in Hitchcock woods? If you can be somewhere else in the general area... where would you be? If you love exactly where you are, then why? What area in the Aiken area would you avoid like the plague? All comments welcome :-)
    Pao Lin

If anyone knows of a small horse farm for rent within a couple hours of Holly Hill, SC, I am looking. I'm not picky about the house but must have at the very least 2 stalls and pasture for 4 horses.