The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 8 yr, 15.3 hd Trak/TB mare in PA for free off farm lease

15.3 hand, solid build, 2001 Trak/TB mare for free off farm lease to the elusive mare lover (she is an alpha mare). Supposedly dressage trained by previous owner/breeder (I 2-point everything so can't judge her dressage ability) but has done jumping since being here. Only jumped 2'6" so far due to rider needing to build strength but the mare has free jumped 3'6" with ease. Has her changes but she won't give them to you unless you set her up and ask for them. She is an eventer/jumper mare rather than a hunter. Hacks on a loose rein in a snaffle but if you want the energy and pep it is there. Does fine alone or with other horses, in or out. Sound with no maintenance. She does best in a consistent work schedule (really needs to be worked at least 5 days/week, not the kind of mare you can let sit and then just hop on) and without an indoor she's just not going to get that here over the winter. e-mail reneemgosselin@yahoo.com with any questions
    '10 Dolce Latte G - Thoroughbred Mare (chestnut at that!)
    '11 Tradale Manic Houdini - Welsh Section B Colt

Hello! Can you email me with some pics? If you have any jumping pics, that would me great! Would she be suitable for equitation? How hard are lead changes?
    Thanks,
    Janessa
    janessacapozzolo@yahoo.com