The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CANTER Ohio Cuties - Beulah Park

These two really nice TBs are looking for good homes -- they're listed in pink which means the sooner they find a new place, the better.

Pictures can be found at: CANTER Ohio Beulah Listings

Here's the Melody - This beautiful, flashy 2003 bay mare with a thin blaze and four white socks stands approximately 16.0hh. She has no stall vices and has a sweet, wants-to-please personality. Melody is being retired because she flips her palate at racing speeds, but she will do just fine as a pleasure or show horse. Stabled in Barn 18 at Beulah Park.

Lob - Well-mannered 2002 dark bay gelding with a few white hairs and a left rear sock stands around 15.3hh. Lob is sound for any discipline and “perfect” in the stall. Stabled in Barn 18 at Beulah Park. An outrider at Thistledown had this to say about him: "If someone is looking for a quiet horse that will reschool easily...Lob is it."

Price & contact information are the same for both horses:
    Asking $500/OBO – MOTIVATED SELLER - MAKE AN OFFER

If you haven't been by our site lately, please be sure to check it out -- it's been recently revamped so that only the most currently available horses are posted. There are six new listings just since last Saturday! And don't forget the great horses we have in our program!

Thanks!
    Laura

If Here's the Melody were on the left coast I would toddle on over there and give her a serious look. What a lovely looking girl she is!
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Pretty mare. Cute gelding. Hopefully some COTHer will take one (or both!)
    "I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

Gotta vouch for the Ohio OTTB's.....my 17y/o gelding raced for 5 years at Beulah Park, and he's pretty much the greatest horse ever (in my eyes, at least).

Hope these nice horse's find homes!
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

BoysNightOut - my 17 yo OTTB raced at Beulah too! I wonder if they "know each other", LOL!

Last bump before signing off...
    "I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

Quote Originally Posted by McVillesMom View Post
    BoysNightOut - my 17 yo OTTB raced at Beulah too! I wonder if they "know each other", LOL!
    Really?? Do you know his racename? I got Vinnie's (Racename: Vijencio) complete racing records. I'll look him up if you know his name to see if they ever duked it out on the track, haha. Poor Vinnie ran 39 times, and won 4. I have a picture of his last winning race in the snow/mud in February, and boy does he look pissed to be running, lol.
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

Ohhhh, to have enough spare cash lying around for the purchase price and shipping to IL... <sigh> My day will come

I've picked up several from there. Some of them have been amazing. Lootin' ran 19 times and is still a maiden. I will be making another trip back up there soon if any one wants one brought back to VA.

Another bump to keep this at the top. These two cuties need good homes!

If any one is looking for broodmare potential both Mimi's wine cooler (by Lord Avie) and Chilly Waters are nice mares. Both are very easy to work with, with old bloodlines and good conformation.

I like the grey gelding. VERY cute..........

Laura, any news on these 2?

No word yet. I left a voicemail yesterday but haven't gotten a response -- at this point it will be easier just to catch up with her at the track tomorrow morning. Thanks much for bumping this up. I will definitely post an update sometime tomorrow. Laura

You have Lootin'?! I really liked him. I remember taking his listing because it was pouring rain so we had to take his picture in the barn. The whole time I was thinking there's no way this picture is going to do this gorgeous guy justice. What are you doing with him?

Quote Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
    I like the grey gelding. VERY cute..........
    I found out today that he's an Argentinian bred -- his name was written down incorrectly, it will be changed on the website to Anjiz Crypto. You can see a nice race picture of him at: http://www.pedigreequery.com/anjiz+crypto

And yes, he's very cute and a very nice boy.

Bump for these CANTER cuties .
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Lootin' is just staying fat on the farm. He looks more like a warmblood than ever. He also grew some more after coming off the track and is close to 17h. I was hoping to do some local stuff with him this fall but just ran out of time. Due to crappy weather he has just been enjoying himself and will be started back to something this spring. He also needed sometime to grow into his body and brain. He is alot like riding a giant lab puppy, he wasn't sure where is legs were going and had a very short attention span. But when things all go right he is pretty amazing. I have several from Beulah, Thistle and Mountaineer but he is by far my favorite and will probably stay forever.