The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New York Horse Rescue needs help

***UPDATE*** Mona has 3 very nice geldings that are ready for homes but haven't found them yet. Happy Tooter, Say Handsome, and Law N Dora are all "ready to go" according to Mona. Go look at their pics and read about them. Can you help out this wonderful lady who's done so much over the years to rehome horses? You *know* you want to...... www.nyhr.org

I got an email yesterday that NYHR needs to place as many horses as they can in a very short period of time. The head of the group is having a family emergency (PM for details) and it sounds like they need to get their numbers down asap. If there's anyone out there that's been looking for an OTTB or a OTTSTB, please go take a look. www.nyhr.org

There is at least one trip planned to bring horse(s) down from NY to Virginia Beach early next week, so this might be a great opportunity to share transportation costs.

Mods--I think this is ok as there are always CANTER, etc threads, but if I'm mistaken I apologize. My first concern was helping out Mona and getting these horses placed.
    Last edited by jen-s; Nov. 25, 2009 at 09:12 AM.

This is a shameless bump. Here's a recent article about NYHR: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aLiTSIkDAt34

I know there has to be a COTHer who needs a new partner-in-crime... You guys are the best enablers ever, so please let me know if you just need a little push in the right direction. Mona has done a lot of good over the years and now needs some extra help. Could you be that person? Or do you know someone who could? Please pass this along and let's find some homes for these horses.

Although I can't help with placement, I'm happy to offer some trailering help if needed. I live in CT and would be willing to trailer within a few hours of the rescue (I have a big two-horse trailer).

Sent you a PM.

Thanks Ty2003. How wonderfully generous of you!

And Claddagh--PM rec'd and replied to.

C'mon COTHers! Let's get some horses adopted.

Bumping. I sent you a PM. I hope everything is okay with Mona and everyone else at NYHR.

Are they also in need of donations? (Silly question, I guess - aren't all rescues?)

Bump and half seat--I have replied to your PM.

I'm sure they wouldn't turn down donations. While finding homes seems to be the top priority, it's been a sad year for donations, so every bit can help. I can't take a horse, but I'm sending some $$.

Bumping again for the evening crowd...........

Bump for NYHR

I adopted a 4 year old tb from them eight years ago. They've been wonderful for ottbs! Rapid Reality and I send our very best wishes to Mona and her family, and I send many thanks for my wonderful mare.

And another bump for the evening crew. I know there's gotta be someone who needs a new horse!

Happy Tooter, Law N Dora, and Say Handsome still need homes. Mona's really trying to get her numbers down right now and these are 3 very nice horses that are ready to go! Pics are at www.nyhr.org. Who needs a new partner??

If you don't see what you are looking for, call or email and ask. My BO has a history of snapping up Mona's ponies and sure enough, history has repeated itself. Classy, a large pony who was NOT LISTED ON THE WEBSITE arrived llaaatttteee last night. She's 4yo, ~14h, fairly delicately built, black and white paint, and solid w/t/c. I'll be out tonight to meet her and take pics. I can't post them here, but will email them if anyone wants a peak.

BUMP, b/c there are some gorgeous TeeeBees on here!! Someone must need a new horse for Christmas...
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

BUMP!

Oh wow, she has some lovely horses on there.

Someone has to want at least one! If anyone isn't looking because they think a rescue can't possibly have an AWESOME horse... click the link and take a look!

(I mean really, check out happy tooter!)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I'll admit to having a bit of Happy-Tooter-lust! If nothing else, what a FABULOUS name! But isn't he adorable??!!

My horse was boarded at the layup barn where Law N Dora was last year. He was a colt then....very sweet, gave the workers no problems when handwalking even though he was on extended stall rest.

Guys....this horse has a great attitude! As a 3 yr old colt he was a real sweetie. Take another look!

Bumping for the holiday morning crowd. Anyone not cooking out there who needs a new horse???

FWIW, I was farmsitting last night and got to meet Classy, the pony that my BO adopted from Mona. Well, she's a sweet, snuggly little thing but she's a tad on the homely side. I think/hope she's got a bit more growing in her as her body's a bit small for her head, but she is the quietest, kindest 4yo that I've ever met. As far as her markings, well she's a very unusual black and white paint. Have you seen cartoon dogs who are spotted (think Blue's Clues) and always have at least one perfect dark circle around an eye? Well, she has lovely dark ovals around both of her eyes with a wide white blaze. Very unique. Not what you'd call beautiful, but she looks like she'll make some little kid a perfect little partner.