The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Catersun View Post
    and you resurrected a thread from FOUR years ago why? Ohhhh, yeah, because you are promoting your own website.... looks like round about advertising to me... better becareful! That's a No No under the terms of service.
    I don't see a posting issue. Tee is not selling anything, just a link to her/his fence installation.

I do have an issue with her wire choice. Looks like it's depending on the hose for insulation. That's not how I would do it. The direct burial high voltage wire is needed to avoid a ground fault or short. The hose, pipe or conduit is needed in case of replacement . If the wire fails, it's easy to tie the new wire to the old and pull new wire using the old wire. Burying the wire makes this impossible.

I apologize if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intention.

I stumbled across this topic and knew how hard it was for me to find any info on the subject. Maybe I do have the wrong kind of wire or piping on my website, but at the time I couldn't find any info on this subject so I simply just had to figure it all out myself, trial and error...and the funny thing is, it all worked out! That hotwire is still going strong after years! (even with the 'wrong' wire or pipe) Just simply sharing my experience to help others. I know it would have been a lot easier if someone had left their webpage for me to see...or any tips back when I needed it. That's why i ended up blogging about it in the first place, to help others...just figured I could save someone the time and trouble it took me to figure out.

You are right, I don't sell anything on my webpage....it's simply a fun 'anyone can do' website, for those who love the country, want to be creative, and to help each other. As to why I am a member of this website? I am also a horse enthusiast. If you've visited my web page, the many pics of my babies are all over my 'about me' page God Bless
    Last edited by Teediddlydee; Jan. 21, 2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: misspelling