The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New Here... Thought I'd say Hi

Hi All. I have been lurking around as a guest for a few weeks, but finally made a new ID (I used to belong here probably about 5 or 6 years ago... but life and college took me away from my forum activities!) and have been posting a tiny bit.

I am 22 and a brand new mom to a gorgeous daughter. We live in KY with my fiance and I work as a groom on a thoroughbred farm here. I absolutely love my job- if I can't own horses right now, I sure as heck want to be working with them...! And what better way to be working with them than to be a groom on a TB farm?!

We have 2 cats and currently 2 dogs, though I am trying to rehome the one dog because he will not be suited to a home with small children... I don't currently own any horses, but used to own a lovely TB mare, an Arabian pony mare, and a Miniature mare. I have been riding-horseless since 2005, but have been completely horseless since 2007 (wow, has it been that long?!) I miss owning my own horses, but now I figure I can wait a few years and buy my daughter a (large) pony (that way I can ride it too )

Well, just wanted to introduce myself!

Well, welcome back. Sounds like you have a very full and exciting life, with a beautiful new daughter and an wonderful job.

I'm an oldtimer, been around this forum since the beginning. Just in case I might know you, what was your old forum name?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Welcome back! I'm here in KY too...we might be neighbors!

I am "mom" to 5 OTTBs right now; partly because Louise keeps telling me about all these grand horses in New York.

Welcome back! I'm another who's been here for a long time but I don't post nearly as much as I used to. I'm also in KY, also involved in the TB industry.

Quote Originally Posted by caryledee View Post
    Welcome back! I'm here in KY too...we might be neighbors!

I am "mom" to 5 OTTBs right now; partly because Louise keeps telling me about all these grand horses in New York.
    Not too hard to be neighbors down here in KY!! I'm in Lex... if you are around here and ever need someone to help hack any of those nice OTTBs, I'd be more than willing to help I miss riding so much!

Always happy to have another TB lover on board!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Hi and welcome back! I'm in KY too with plenty of OTTBs to hack if you want to come visit. Also thanks to Louise and those NY TBs!