The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Which TB should I choose for my Chirstmas gift?

So my husband and father are getting me a joint Christmas gift... A new track brat for another event prospect. I know the pictures aren't the greatest but which do you think?

And yes, use to getting these guys sight unseen. If they don't work out for one sport they do for another. Oh and if they are still for sale Last I checked they were, and really how many people are silly enough to want a new track brat going into winter?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...rcoschoice.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...tlikealion.jpg

Of the two, I'd prefer Like A Lion. Maybe because the photo is easier to see ..

Really need bigger/better pics and more info. I'd like to see them but cant!

I must say, that is an awesome Christmas gift!! I'd start calling them "Track Angels" though; I think calling them Brats is just asking for trouble. From what I can see, they are both built nice for eventing. I like Lion's eye better; he has a calm, intelligent look. With age, soundness, size, etc. also coming in to play, it is really hard to chose one from the 2 pictures.

Do you have a pet fox?? I was snooping through your album.

Yes they do have a pet fox. Search their name & you will find where they posted about it before.

Neither of those did much for me how ever I really like this mare from canter cali http://canterusa.org/index.php?optio...&directory=299

Marco looks like our newest gelding. Hubby dubbed him "Clifford the big red dog" (he's bay of course) due to his extremely laid back nature and having to check him often for a pulse. But he's all business under the saddle. If Marco's like him, he's a sporthorse prospect extrodinaire.

Hmm, neither are exactly my type, but I like the first one I think - I'd love to see a bigger pic though. I kind of zoomed in on it, which helped, but obviously makes it blurry. I like the second one's head though, and I'm kind of a head person. I think either one would likely be a nice event prospect, I just like the overall look of the first one a smidge better (I'm imagining him slightly less racing fit, and I think it'll be nice) - and I feel like that could change seeing them in person (or even just bigger photos, haha). It's so funny how horses can look incredibly different in photos depending on the angle and such.

@ mew - that's a very nice looking mare. She looks very sport horsey, haha. Nice clean throatlatch, pretty neck, nice back to sit in, and an elegant look to her. The only thing I don't really love about her is her head, and it's not bad at all = ) She's on the higher end of the CANTER prices though.