The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kids need to spend more time in school..

Because mine had today off , so that meant we needed something to do ( you can't spend 12 whole hours at the barn with a 2 yr old in tow) so we have an Equine Exchange Tack Store about an hour away and we took a road trip.
    Of course we were just looking, and there were so many things to SEE!
    of course a few were in our truck when we arrived home, this seems to happen at EVERY tack store we visit.

1. size 6 Hunter green Elite riding coat it has blue and dark peach pin stripes and it is going to ROCK on her chestnut pony!! $40
    2. one adorable pair of schooling tights for size 6 DD as well , they were cheap and CUTE $10
    3. XL/XS half chaps for DD, these have been impossible to find and the Ariats are the only ones that fit, I found them today for $15 NOT bad!
    4. and the find of the day was a size 13" Saddle Bag for DD's new saddle, they are IMPOSSIBLE to find in that size and this one is in Perfect shape and was again only $15

so if the kids were IN school today , the house would be clean, the laundry would be done and I would be a few dollars richer, but trust me rummaging around in a consignment tack shop with my girls was PRICELESS!!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

I love reading your posts because you're enjoying your children and ponies so much : )

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    I love reading your posts because you're enjoying your children and ponies so much : )
    aww thanks, we are so very lucky to get to spend this time together!!!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Northeast Ohio, where mud rules your world...

Please tell me, hellerkm, that you are a neighbor I've never met and this gem of a consignment store is an undiscovered treasure a few blocks from my house. Don't keep this secret from me any longer! Where is this store?

My DD also had today off for Opening Day of deer hunting season. What kind of holiday is that?! They call it an in-service day, because most of the kids would not show up at school anyway.

We worked together outside, getting winterized. Mats under the gates so mud won't suck off your boots later on. Cleaned up a storage area for better use, not junk collecting. Got the snowplow out, parked it for easy hitching. Put away the bush hog. Petted the kittens 20 times, gave the mother cat a ride in the Gator while putting hay out beside the barn. No horses outside the barnyard this week! She clipped bridlepaths and legs on everyone while I took dog to the Vet. They looked good, bridles fit well again. She got the young horse ridden in the ring instead of the round pen today, he went along VERY WELL walking and trotting.

I am also glad that we had such a good day to enjoy the outside together, and enjoy the horses too. We will be looking for bargins at the Tack sales later on. No close consignment stores by us. It was a very nice day here.

I've only been to the Equine Exchange once but it is a magical place! I think I spent about 3 hours in there just looking at all the stuff! Hmmm......time for another trip I think.

We are headed from Louisiana to Boiling Springs and I had to see where this magical place is. Turns out it is only a hour and a half away. I will have nine days and built in babysitters. I am so there!!!

Kim, you are PA right?? Where is this magical shop? I go to school outside of Philly is it close?