The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 3 year old APHA mare in GA FTGH

3 year old registered APHA mare. Mostly white with some chestnut. Very quiet, was a rescue from an abusive situation. The old owners were going to shoot her because according to them, she tried to kick the wife. She was very standoffish and jumpy around people when she arrived, so not sure if she did try to kick, what the situation was. She has been at my farm 3 weeks and has not made any attempt to kick or bite. No vices, loads, ties, stands very well for vet and farrier. Has a crooked front foot the vet states is from a previous injury. She is sound on and off, will never make a consisitant riding horse. Naturally very slow legged, would probably produce some nice WP foals. Not at all spooky, sacked her out and tacked her up and she had no issues, just continued to follow me around the round pen, but she is not yet broke to ride. She is approx 15.1hh. pic
    http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/IMG_3469.jpg
    Please contact me with any questions. Free to good home, papers will transfer with her.
    Last edited by Runnerandrider; Jun. 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: to correct/update

I would take her if any Coth friends could help get her to or as close to North Dakota as possible

Tecorle1 Guest

Would her foot hinder her if she was used as a lesson horse? I'm located in GA and can possibly take this horse. Thank you.

My vet feels that as long as she is trimmed consistantly (and correctly) she should remain sound for most levels of flat riding. With training she would make an excellent lesson horse, naturally very easy going and has not spooked since she got here. Had some trust issues as far as letting us grab her in the field, etc, when she arrived but has gotten over them completely with us. Not to say she may not do the same thing for new people, hard to guess since it is just us here. But she LOVES to be loved on which seems to help her overcome her shyness. But obviously she is 3 and not broke, so there would be a bit of work involved to get her ready for lessons. Of course if she does not work out you would be welcome to bring her back to me, no questions asked.

bmp

EliteEquestrianKM Guest

Did you find a home for this horse? Looking for my "western" horse as my tb is pretty into his hunter job
    Im in KY....
    thanks

Check your pm's!

Recieved and replied to.

Bump. Let me ad that I do not feel after having this mare around a bit longer, that she would be appropriate for heavy work, so no trail strings or lesson barns unfortunately. Probably best for light riding, has a great head on her shoulders and is very correct, so may make a good broodmare for the right farm.

pm you

walk softly and be one with your horse

Bump.

A happy place filled with pony and puppy kisses :)

Cant believe she has not found a home.... she is nicely put together!!

Thank you!! I really like her a lot, she really is well built, and has a terrific mind. Worst case, she can come with me to VA and the hunt will be on for a well bred WP paint stud. But I really would prefer finding her a home with someone that could give her more 1 on 1 time, as she is very affectionate once she gets to know you.

A happy place filled with pony and puppy kisses :)

Passing along her photo and info to a friend who might be interested....did you say if you had papers on her or not??

hubby would so totally divorce me, still paying off the humongous vet bill from my boys 8 day stay at the vet hospital a 2 months ago.... oh well......

She is papered, and they will transfer with her. Here is a link to her pedigree.
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/scooters+cowgirl

Just wanted to say I hope you find her a good home!

Also, since she does have Impressive in her pedigree, I did some searching and she would be N/N for HYPP as IMPRESSIVES DEUCE is N/N (Her only trace to impressive)

I wanted to say that as some people will see Impressive and balk. She does not carry the HYPP gene and is perfectly safe in that regard.

To bad she is not closer as I would take her, but no time off to go get her and no extra $$ for a hauler..... sigh.... so close yet so far! lol

Bump.

Bump again. This is a very nice mare for the right person.

She is very adorable, and I like how she is put together. I don't have the ability to haul at this time or $$ for shipping, and hubby would probably shot me as I already have a BS paint greenie that needs more time. I love her, though!

Talk to your husband, we will be going up I-95 for our move from GA to VA, so the haul may be less then you think LOL.
    Thank you for the kind words about Luna, she is a sweetie!