The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    flalter Guest

Default Imported 7 yr old Danish Gelding, Free to a Good Approved Home

Imported 8 year old Danish warmblood gelding by Loudini. Sweet guy, no vices, 17.1 hands, chestnut with chrome. Trained in dressage, was shown training level in Wellington and schooled 1st level movements. Lightly started in double bridle.

Currently not sound. Has an undiagnosed lameness in his right hind leg. One vet thinks it is his stifle, another his foot. I have spent all the money I can on vet bills to this point. I had his hocks and stifle injected 6 weeks ago. Previously this is all it took to get him sound again were the injections and slowly bringing him back into work but time has simply not allowed me to do so. I have two other horses boarding and simply cannot afford 3 so have to find this guy a home asap. I have had 2 situations fall through so please, please do not inquire or pursue if you are not a qualified home.

References will be checked. This horse obviously is not a jumping candidate so please do not ask if he can jump 3 feet! He needs a home with turnout and a potential owner needs to be able to afford some upfront vet diagnostics and a period of rehabbing. This is a spectacular animal and once his unsoundness is pinpointed he will be a wonderful low level dressage/trail partner for the right person. I am willing to transfer ownership but will retain first right of refusal so that he never ends up in a bad situation.

Full vet records will be made available, Teddy is UTD on everything. Perfect horse for an adult amateur who cannot afford the upfront cost of a quality horse but can maintain and show one!

Link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRmfJun_hc. PM me for more pictures and information.
    Last edited by flalter; Dec. 28, 2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: more info with video link

flalter Guest

Just bumping up for more inquiries

flalter Guest

added video link

flalter Guest

Default Bumping for Teddy, really needs to be placed...

Would really love to find Teddy a new home. Great opportunity for someone to rehab a very useful and beautiful horse.

Default Lovely Horse

Your boy looks lovely in the video. I hope you find him a great partner.

Where is he located??

Default La Cour

I am assuming Florida from the flalter board name.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

I was assuming that too, but figured she might want to clarify.

flalter Guest

Default Located in upstate NY

Sorry, Teddy was in FL but we moved back to upstate NY in August.

To those requesting more information...

This gelding has had a history of mysterious lameness in his rh but always comes back sound with the injections and regular work. His xrays show nothing but a tiny bit of arthritis in the hock. We got him as a hunter prospect and he was in jumping training- nothing serious or high but enough for us to realize that he is not a jumping candidate. One day he came up lame, we had his hocks and stifles done but our trainer got the swine flu and there was no one to do the follow up riding to get him sound again. I am confident that with slow regular work he will come back sound again but not for jumping. I board so cannot keep a dressage/trail horse. He is free to a good home with the understanding that he will come back to me if the person can no longer keep him. References will be required. I will share all vet records. Hope this answers most peoples questions

flalter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chemteach View Post
    Your boy looks lovely in the video. I hope you find him a great partner.
    Thank you. He is a lovely sweet horse.

Is your nice boy still available? I am located in Pittsburgh PA

Have you placed Teddy yet? Very interested. Will PM you!

Thank you Personal Champ, silly me, thinking that the board alter might have something to do with location....
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

How big is this guy?
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

flalter Guest

17.1 hands

pm sent.

flalter Guest

Smile Home Found!

After recieving sooo many emails from prospective homes I have finally found what I think is the perfect home for Teddy. Thanks for all the interest and Happy Holidays!

flalter Guest

Default Home fell through, this guy needs to be placed!

I just watched the video the OP posted. This boy is adorable. I hope he finds a good home with someone who can give him some time and turnout. Wish I had room!

check your PMs. I sent you a PM before the home that fell through was found. Thanks a lot!
    Beth