The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Wonder how this happened...

Today I looked up my thoroughbred's lip tattoo on the Jockey Club website... turns out he was born in Washington State. So how the heck did he get all the way to New Hampshire, where I bought him? Any ideas? I know he never raced, but was born at a racehorse breeder... completely confused.
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

If he was tattooed, he at least trained to the point that they thought he was going to start... have you pulled and equibase report? If nothing else it might show you auction results

Whats his name?
    -Jessica

LOL, not that huge of a mystery, at least he has 4 legs.

I find it much more interesting how a 1 dollar bill, clearly with no feet can traverse the continent, or how ink pens always walk off, also with not limbs designed for the task.

I would venture he was bought at a sale, and shipped off to train, we tend to forget that there are some tracks across the north, from Wa (been to one) via the Great Lakes to Ny and the likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by AppJumpr08 View Post
    If he was tattooed, he at least trained to the point that they thought he was going to start... have you pulled and equibase report? If nothing else it might show you auction results

Whats his name?
    His racing name was Laughing Jacob, but his H/J name is Rumor Has It and his barn name is Cooper.

Could you give me info on how to get the equibase report?
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

Maybe he got tired of the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    Maybe he got tired of the rain?
    could be, he hates it... typical picky thoroughbred

They do get around. I bought my first OTTB in southern Idaho. He had been bred in Ocala, FL. I got him when I was still in Montana, hauled him to Virginia. He was sold to a friend who sold him to her friend and he now resides in California. He did all of that by the time he was about 6.
    Failure is always an option*
    -Mythbusters

*As long as you figure out what you f'ed up and fix it! -Me

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat95 View Post
    His racing name was Laughing Jacob
    Nothing to add, but I live right near Laughing Jacob's Lake in WA state. What is his pedigree?

Northern Virginia, 45 minutes east of paradise - 2 hrs during rush hour

I bought an OTTB that was born in Florida, raced all up and down the west coast and came back to the east coast and raced there for awhile. Finished up in West Virginia.
    "The mighty oak is a nut who stood its ground"

"...you'll never win Olympic gold by shaking a carrot stick at a warmblood..." see u at x

Jockey Club name's the only important one for finding out who he is....

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...ts_indicator=Y

Is this him? 2000 model, chestnut, 9 years old, unraced, by Consigliere out of Emerald Slippers by Green Dancer?

Tattoo means they intended to start him--either he got injured, or was so slow in training it wasn't worth it, or he had some training problem...or something happened with his owners.

I have a Consigliere daughter! That's my oh-so-valuable addition to this conversation. But I am in Washington and that's where I got her. She is from his last crop of foals; he died (IIRC) shortly after she was conceived in -- let me figure this out -- 2007.

I also have a Kentucky bred mare, graded stakes winner, who raced in California and was dumped in Washington. They DO get around. Especially -- it seems to me -- the broodmares, who have to travel to the stallions for live cover.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post

Is this him? 2000 model, chestnut, 9 years old, unraced, by Consigliere out of Emerald Slippers by Green Dancer?
    Yep, that's him. I'm proud to say he's related to Native Dancer, War Admiral, and Man O'War. Even though he was probably too slow to race... he's a stick and spur thoroughbred and he hates to do unnecessary work...

JoZ- so our horses are like... half siblings? Cool!

ahahah my own Sunkissed Angel, born and raced in CA, brought up to Calgary AB to be bred to a stallion standing there. Didnt take, sold to meat man, bought by daughter from dealer, back to west coast, down to Florida with the kid, up to Ontario and now, retired in GA. She;s been around.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement