The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    meup, the Rambo Newmarket might change your mind about fleece. Usually I am not a big fleece fan but this fabric is different. Low static and nothing sticks to it.
    Ditto this. Have used one of these as a stable sheet for night wear in a pinch. Horse woke up the next morning, shook, and the bedding fell off the sheet. Not what I'd have expected of a fleece- heck, better than a Baker sheet too!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

One experience with the thermo manager cooler/liner and I will never do fleece again. I refuse to use people's fleece stuff and throw my own thermo manager over everything instead.

Stylish, effective, and half the barn doesn't stick to it. Sooooo much better.
    I love my Thermo Manager sheets. I use them as horsey bathrobes, stable sheets and blanket liners. I do like fleece once it gets cold enough, and wool when it's really cold. All are useful and well-used in my barn.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    meup, the Rambo Newmarket might change your mind about fleece. Usually I am not a big fleece fan but this fabric is different. Low static and nothing sticks to it.
    I agree - the Newmarket cooler is a different animal than other polarfleece. It's double bonded or something. Incredible wicking - I have a sweaty horse and it shows! The water glistens on the surface and he dries in no time. Plus its heavy, so is nice on really cold days. Its is not comparable to a light fleece that stretches. It's giving, but it doesn't stretch out of shape.

Rambo for sure. I got my guy the grand prix one for christmas, I'm sure it's the same material as the newmarket but I liked the colour better. It has the nicest, thickest fleece and you can get everything that matches I also have the quartersheet and it's awesome, different material that's still fleece but is water-resistant, maybe even waterproof and not staticy at all!!

I have the Rambo Cooler and a Rambo Quarter sheet and LOVE both of them. IMO the fleece is much more durable and less "sticky" than a lot of fleecy materials I have used/ seen. My best friend has the SmartPak cooler and it is much thinner - I guess it is all personal preference though. I think the Rambo is made better - but it is pricier. Worth it to me though.
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

I have the SmartPak fleece and while theres nothing wrong with it, the fleece isn't the thickest. I'd have to agree with everyone else and say go with the Rambo