The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Breeding stallion suggestions

Looking for suggestions to breed my Trakehner AvignonII mare .She usually produces offspring who score 8 on trott(ATA inspection).AvignonII was a great mover beeing fullbrother to Arogno(German Elite stallion).Only want to breed one or 2 more foals and looking for a stallion who produces at least 9 movers should be under 17.0h but over 16.1h.Can be any breed.Thank you for your time.

Check out the Dutch stallion Johnson (Jazz x Flemmingh). He will add to the movement and provide great type.
    http://www.team-nijhof.nl/site/html_...n/johnson.html

I bred my half-Trakehner mare, Rica Veneziana (Veneziano x Wanroij) to Johnson and had a very nice 2008 colt that scored highly at the inspection and looks good even as a long yearling now.
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Anyone telling you that any stallion will give you 9 movers, isn't telling the truth. 9 is a rarity, not the norm, and asking for "at least 9 movers", means you're looking for 10 movers. That's not a realistic request to be honest (meant in the nicest possible way).

I'll recommend Grafenstolz to you, he's full trak and rather than telling you how wonderful he is, just look at www.grafenstolz.com you can get his semen from Judy Yancey.

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    Check out the Dutch stallion Johnson (Jazz x Flemmingh). He will add to the movement and provide great type.

I bred my half-Trakehner mare, Rica Veneziana (Veneziano x Wanroij) to Johnson and had a very nice 2008 colt that scored highly at the inspection and looks good even as a long yearling now.
    Thank you Siegi,I know you are breeding high quality horses.

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post

Thank you Siegi,I know you are breeding highest quality horses with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by FMulder View Post
    Anyone telling you that any stallion will give you 9 movers, isn't telling the truth. 9 is a rarity, not the norm, and asking for "at least 9 movers", means you're looking for 10 movers. That's not a realistic request to be honest (meant in the nicest possible way).

I'll recommend Grafenstolz to you, he's full trak and rather than telling you how wonderful he is, just look at www.grafenstolz.com you can get his semen from Judy Yancey.
    Thank you for your tip.I know Judy only has the best,she was a former ATA member and had purchased horses from me.I trust her judgement.
    I know 9 is rare but I'm always breeding for that.My mare The Noir by AvignonII received 9 by German inspectors.
    My mare Tarabia received 9 when I showed her in Germany for inspection was invited to the Eliteshow and received StatePremium and the Silver Medal from the FN and so did Piazza.
    I had very nice movers with Advocate ,my young mare scored 9 judged by Jean Brinkman.The filly was out of Taharani vom Castell by AvignonII.Had great experience with Malachi(Advocate-Gunnar) so far with my mare The Noir by AvignonII.

I love my Leonidas*PG* daughter out of Taharani and thinking of breeding her soon.She received 8 on trott,her yearling fullsister moves bigger.
    Piazza's granddaughter by Leonidas*PG* also received 8 was hoping for 9 thow but she was a little immature yet ,turning just 3 years.

Default Dam line on your mare?

Quote Originally Posted by Castell View Post
    Looking for suggestions to breed my Trakehner AvignonII mare .She usually produces offspring who score 8 on trott(ATA inspection).AvignonII was a great mover beeing fullbrother to Arogno(German Elite stallion).Only want to breed one or 2 more foals and looking for a stallion who produces at least 9 movers should be under 17.0h but over 16.1h.Can be any breed.Thank you for your time.
    Ricarda, Imperio might be a super consideration; his dam sire Balfour xx is wonderful TB reinforcer to the legendary Arcticonus xx (Avignon II's dam) He's tall enough @ 16.2h and as the 2008 5yo Dressage Bundeschampion he received marks of: 10 for trot, 9 for canter & submission, 8 for walk and 9.5 for general impression (final score 9.10).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Kah9HoLZ4

What are the bloodlines of your mare's dam?
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

First,congratulation on your stallion beeing shipped to Germany.What a great honor .He will realy show his full potential there .What a great opportunity.
    The bloodline is Taharani and wanted to breed a little heavier in the future.That's why among others I'm considering even other breeds.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

Check out the Dutch stallion Farrington Keur (Wellington x Doruto). He puts on a phenomenal trot. Check out his foal this year that was 1st premium Emora MG (Farrington x Flemmingh). I could have sold that filly 100 times this year. He produces 3 really fantastic gaits. Can't wait for the one coming next year and we'll continue to breed more of those for sure. We also have the mare Uloma (Farrington x Goodtimes) who is an Elite Sport Dressage mare who was #1 KWPN Elite mare in the nation at her keuring year too.

Go for the 9 or 10. Nothing wrong with shooting for the moon! I do!

Kathy
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

Thanks so much.Wow what a filly,beautiful with incredible movements.She looks like my dark bay yearling filly by Leonidas*PG* out of Taharani/Avignon .That might make an incredible match.Her fullsister I plan to breed in the spring and definetely keep him in mind.