The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I never would have thought.

My husband has been taking care of my TB gelding while I've been laid up with a high risk pregnancy.

My gelding is at a barn right now that is partial care. This was fine while I was healthy but it has gotten harder now that I can't be there daily.

So it means my dear husband has had to assume horse care duties, on top of work and all the other things he has going on. A move back to a full care facility is a few weeks away, and (as much as this pains me) I've even gone so far as to tell him I could attempt to find Win a companion/babysitter situation locally for the next 6-12 months to take the pressure off.

He keeps telling me he really doesn't mind. That he likes Win even if he is an aloof old man. I didn't really believe him and in fact thought he was really just humoring me, and I've been sure that he'll grow tired of this any day now....

And then I caught him online checking the weather. I asked him what he was doing and he informed me he wanted to see what the temps would be overnight, so he could decide if Win needed his heavyweight or his medium weight blanket.

Now only a horse lover would do that....
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Husband is a keeper!!! good luck and I hope they let you out of bed soon!!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

aww definitly a keeper. Good luck with the pregnancy.

How's life at the stable did the BO relaxe their "all horses must stay in, if one has too" rule?

P.

Be careful. A friend of mine"s NON horsey husband started taking an interest, and then took over HER horse!
    He sounds like a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Polydor View Post
    aww definitly a keeper. Good luck with the pregnancy.

How's life at the stable did the BO relaxe their "all horses must stay in, if one has too" rule?

P.
    LOL, nope, gave my notice. My barnmate is moving in a week and then we will be gone too.

Then the pressure will be off hubby to have to be there as much as he is right now... though he seems to like taking care of him and says he enjoys the quiet time. Now he knows why *I* like my evenings at the barn....

And I've already told him I think Win is turning into HIS horse.....!

Default too cute

That is sweet.... I hope you are holding up ok to the stall rest.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Stall rest stinks man! I am SO not good at doing nothing. I had a major meltdown last week... so I snuck out to the barn to groom and felt better.

I know it is worth it, and keeping me and baby safe but I hate sitting around.

And Mr. FG even called me from the barn to inform me Win needs his feet trimmed. Which he does!!! Pretty good for a "non-horsey" husband.......

what about a therapeutic house mini horse??? lol
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Sound slike hubby is a keeper.....
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

Quote Originally Posted by Catersun View Post
    what about a therapeutic house mini horse??? lol
    HA don't even tempt me!

Can I get those little sneakers to put on it too??

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    HA don't even tempt me!

Can I get those little sneakers to put on it too??
    I double dog dare you to house train one!!!!!

Hey wasn't there someone on here who made a little makeshift stall for their minis in their laundry room? During a storm or something? They even posted a pic.... two cute little minis....

Wonder how that would go over in my house....

I bet little flash would love it... Mr. FG... well.. it would really prove if he was becoming a horsey guy

Aren't husbands funny like that? Mr. EqT is the same way.. if he has to do it, he can, and will. I would be a little afraid tho' that after Baby is born Mr. FG will be the escaping to the barn sans Baby....

Are you actually IN THE BED?!! Sorry if that is TMI on here, I am so freaked out at the idea that I might send you a wheelchair, surely Windsor would be cool w/that?!!!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Default I like what Catersun said...

Quote Originally Posted by Catersun View Post
    That is sweet.... I hope you are holding up ok to the stall rest.
    Here is hoping for a safe delivery, and another horsey to join the family now that Hubby has become a horseperson too. I can picture the two of you riding off into the sunset together sometime.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

That warmed my heart so much.

My dad has been out to see my new baby (the QH filly) and made comments as to "was her coat (blanket) warm enough? her box (stall) comfy since she's in so much? Am I sure she's not going to slip on the terf in the outdoor ring when she's turned out?

This from my non horsey dad.

I hope your pregnancy progresses well! Will keep you in my prayers
    Riding the winds of change

Heeling NRG Aussies
    Like us on facebook!

FG, thanks for sharing, that was so sweet!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Wouldn't that be the three of them riding off into the sunset? They need to start pony shopping......

When I saw him sitting at the computer in his barn clothes checking weather.com I knew just what he was doing but of course had to ask just to hear it out of HIS mouth..... lol.

Not actually IN bed EqT, just not allowed to do a damn thing.... so might as well be in bed.

It is baaaad for my mental health, thank goodness I still have some graphics work going on to keep me occupied or I'd be a nightmare.

I'm hoping after my next appt. and sonogram with the high risk doc they may lift some of the restrictions. (Is that wishful thinking??)

Yes Mr. FG has definitely realized the joys of a quiet barn....... I told him Win can be his but that means he's buying me a new horse next year. And Little FG is still more into dancing and cheerleading than horses but I don't think she'd say no to a pony....

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    And Little FG is still more into dancing and cheerleading than horses but I don't think she'd say no to a pony....
    I keep trying to talk Ms. C into dance lessons and she keeps insisting that the only thing she wants to do lessons of are riding lessons. I do believe thier is no hope for daddy's wallet in the future Maybe a pony for her birthday.