The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Is anyone here an Appaloosa Horse Club member?

I need to get some information on my horse, regarding his old owners, but it won't let me buy the owner information because I'm not a member of the ApHC yet. I just bought him a few weeks ago, and I wanted to send my membership in with the transfer of ownership. But there's some confusion with the transfer of ownership papers. He was bought from an auction, and went to another sales barn, where I bought him. But the transfer paper that came with him is filled out from his old owners, to the sales barn, but I'm not sure if the sales barn actually ever sent in that report. So I need to know if his old owner or the sales barn is currently listed as his current owner.
    Is there anyone here that can view the owner information report for me? I know members get a certain amount of free lookup money each month, so would anyone be willing to look this up for me?
    Thank you so much!

Just call the ApHC.

If you have the transfer signed by the pre sales barn owner then it is safe to say that the sales barn never transferred the horse into their name. That costs money and it is probably not something most sales barns would bother doing.

If your transfer is signed by the last RECORDED owner(owner on the papers) Just send it in with YOUR information on it as buyer.

It happens all the time these horses go sale to sale to sale without ever a proper transfer.

jhaddle Guest

Default Member since 1970's

If you have a filled out transfer, ie: buyer and seller both filled in and its not you as the buyer, you need to get the buyer on your TRANSFER to sign another transfer to YOU and send both papers withthe registration with 2 transfer fees to git er done, so to speak.
    If the transfer lists only a SELLER and all the buyer info was/is blank,nothing at all filled in the lines for buyer and buyer info ie: an "Open" transfer - then you just fill in YOUR infor for BUYER and send it with one transfer fee.

I have Appaloosa reiners and ApHC dressage sporthorses but we are selling out sporthorses and going to small horses for the tiny grandkids.
    Good luck with your new purchase.
    http://cowponies.com

I will try to help you. Let me know the horse's name or any other info.

Have you tried calling the club? I had to find some old owner/horse information and they were SO GREAT about giving me the info I needed. If you haven't, call them. L