The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default COLORFUL HORSES @ Equine Affaire/MA-Nokota Horse Conservancy

I am so thrilled to note that Leigh Garber of Cazabu Farms has taken her Nokota horses to the EA this year and will do the presentation for the breed demo. They will be available in the stall next to the NHC booth and let me tell you that her tri color Nokota is knock your socks off gorgeous and I think he knows it. They are all fabulous and I'm sure Leigh will show them to their utmost. I understand she is a real pro.

Please let me know if you see them, stop at the booth, please say hello for me and take some pics. I wish I could be there to see them. I'm sure that when they return to ND that they will show photos on the web site of the long weekend.

Frank Kuntz also brought 2 good looking Nokota horses who have been at least started, they are young and ready to go, and for sale. I think they may stay in the barns, not sure. I don't know how much they can handle, coming straight from ND and not having gone to any events, those buildings can be pretty creepy. They've been traveling for days too, with a brief break in PA.

If you go, please do check out the booth and the horses and tell me all about it!
    Last edited by Susan P; Nov. 12, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

Somebody tell me that you're going this weekend! I want to see photos and hear stories about how cute the Nokota horses are. Honestly, that tri color of Leigh Garbers of Cazabu Farms is luscious.

bump

If you saw the Nokota horses please let me know what you think of the booth and the horses that were there. Did you find them interesting, worth preserving as a breed?
    You can still go to the Nokota Horse Conservancy web site and look at more photos and read more about them. www.nokotahorse.org This year donations are down and things are rough going. Winter has already arrived in ND and they are eating up the hay, but at least they do have some hay this year unlike the drought years and witht he prairie fires.

I'd love some useful feedback.

I did see the Nokota booth Susan! Yesterday I was there...got to see it twice. Once I got kinda of shoved on past it with the crowd though, LOL!

The horse that was in the breed demo booth was a bay roan though. Very cute, had a for sale sign on the door to the stall. (If I'm remembering the right booth)

The display was nice, although I will admit that at the time I was in the Stroh building it had started pouring outside and the crowds inside got ridiculous so couldn't see it for long.

I do remember the other mustang booth only because the mustang was hilarious...had his head out of the stalll and was stopping people going by and frisking them for treats, LOL!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Thanks for sharing, I spent Tuesday with Shelly, the lady with long blonde hair, we shopped here at the Outback store for great sales and Dansko outlet. I told her the prices would be higher at the expo.

I'm glad to hear that the booth looked good to your eyes, it's so hard to look objectively. I'm sorry you didn't see the tri color Nokota, he is so handsome. I wonder if you saw Heart River, he was there last year too. But if he had a for sale sign that would surprise me. One of these days I'm going to go again, I take a train.