The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eventing instructors near Buffalo, NY?

I was wondering if anyone knew of instructors in the Buffalo, NY area? I'm interested in doing some intro level eventing, just for fun really. If you're familiar with the Buffalo area and instructors, my horse is in East Aurora.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi - J.Peter Anderson lives in or near East Aurora and would be a good source locally. His whole family events, and I believe he coaches as well.

Carol Kozlowski is about an hour east in Avon, NY - an advanced level rider who is a great instructor and coach, and her barn, "Mothersfield Farm" puts on a very active clinic schedule. Their local association, GVRDC, is a wonderful club that hosts a full range of events, shows, clinics and is a great network of riders at all levels and interests! They have a good web site: www.gvrdc.org,
    and carol's email is mothersfield@aol.com.

Good luck!

Brant Gamma
    Pete Landon
    Photographer/Brant Gamma Photography

Leigh Fisher in Marilla also used to event and is a good instructor.

Christa

Default chacha

darren chaichai is in aurora at the statepark..knollwood park/or stables.. something like that.

Sent you a PM

Thank you for your help everyone. I've put in a call to Peter and will be watching a lesson of his later this week. I use to train with Leigh, and she helped me and my horse tremendously, but with her schedule at her own barn and Alfred University it would be hard for her to come to my barn to give a single lesson. I received an email and PM which I will be following up on as well. I'd like to get a feel for them to see who will mesh the best with my mare and I.

I don't think Darren gives lessons to beginners like me, lol. I ride at Knox pretty regularly just for trail riding as I'm only 3 miles away. They're doing a great job with the stables.

Paintmare - Peter is an incredible trainer. I was saying today that I wish I could have him get on my green gelding. Good luck with your search in Buffalo. Western New York not exactly an eventing haven but I had a great time riding when I lived in Buffalo and went to AU.
    A horse gallops with its lungs, perseveres with its heart, and wins with its character.
    ~Tessio

I agree that Leigh is great, but then again I'm a little prejudiced as she's my little sister

Jackie