The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Beautiful white and Siamese teenage kittens looking for a barn home (Baltimore MD)

The woman who coordinates feral cat spay/neuter at the Maryland SPCA contacted me trying to find some help for this little family.

They live under someone's deck, but the homeowner is moving to Texas in a few weeks and so really wants to relocate them, since they're now used to being taken care of. Theres a mother cat and four kittens who are "teenagers" -- about 5-6 months old. Three of the kittens are already s/n, and they're trying to catch the remaining one and the mother.

I'm not sure if the mother needs relocation -- they're most worried about the kittens, but of course I'm sure the mom would like to go too.

I asked them to get pictures -- so far they've got pix of three of the kittens. I think the fourth kitten is also white, but I'm not sure. Hopefully whoever takes them would live on a farm without a ton of predators, as these guys would definitely stand out!

They are feral, but most feral kitties, especially young ones, come around and become at least a little bit friendly/social in a nice barn setting with a dedicated caretaker.

If someone wanted to take the whole family that would be great, but they could go in pairs also. They would need to be crated for two weeks in their new home, and crates and supplies would be provided. I can deliver anywhere within reasonable driving distance.

Here's hoping someone wants some fancy barn kitties!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1white&siam.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	27159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_whitecats.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	27160  

Default cats

if there are no local takers.....and the people moving would transport them...i live in Louisiana and i would take them assuming they are moving to east tx, rather than west texas. just a thought if no one else is interested.

Oh I wish I could take one. I live only 45 minutes from Baltimore, butt I already have 3 little ones. Good luck relocating them though!

I would take them all if there was a way to get them to IL. I already have 3 siamese and/or himilayan mixed barn cats (and one in the house, who would be in the barn in a heartbeat if she wasn't declawed). All are fixed and quite happy living in the barn. It is almost shocking to see such beautiful cats working for a living, though! LOL!
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

Probably too expensive and I don't know how it would work as far as the vet requirements for the airline, but I'm flying to Bloomington, IL on Wed...out of Charlottesville, VA.

I have been wanting a Siamese. <sigh> Male or female?

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Joie, where in IL are you? My parents live in the Chicago 'burbs and I usually drive back there for Christmas... although I think the folks are leaving for Texas by the end of this month so Christmas might be too far off.

FHC, I'll check on the sex. I'm not sure which three got fixed the other day, but they at least know the sex on those.

It always amazes me to find beautiful cats like these living outside... we find Siamese mixes all the time. Just goes to show that even people who will pay big bucks for a purebred cat won't always take care of it.

We lost 2 of my barn kitties to old age this past summer - not that I need more as I have two left, & a house kitty, plus one of my boarders keeps two here, but we are surrounded by 300 + acres...

Ok, my barn people are excited. Darn enabelers! So I guess we would like the Siamese, and another white kitty. Those two together make a cute pair. <sigh>
    Why did it have to be a Siamese?!?!

Original Poster

Heh. I wish there was this much interest in the kitties I usually have looking for barn homes! Ah, the beautiful people (and kitties) of the world have it so easy...

OK, I will get the ball rolling.

I am 2 hours west of Chicago, and am in the burbs all the time as well. (I am from Plainfield, originally.) If there are any of the pretty kitties left when you head this way, load them up and I'll take them. But, it sounds like they will have homes well before then!!

I wish I was surprised, but it doesn't shock me at all that people leave their "expensive purebreds" out to breed willy nilly. The two long-haired Himi-mix females I have were actually dumped off as newborns with thier shaggy, raggy, unkempt tabby mom this spring. Someone literally dumped a skinny, shaggy female cat of AS she was having her kittens. She had beautiful kittens, mostly tabby, and then these two that were most definately himilayian or siamese mixed. I found homes for the other kittens, and mom, and kept the two fancy ones. I love having the purtiest barn cats around. I have an older female siamese/mix who is the best barn cat ever, plus an orange female that someone dropped off this spring as well, plus Oscar, my grey male. All are fixed, are dewormed and cared for like house cats, but they live in the barn. My inside siamese-mix is an incredible mouser, and she was at one time an outside cat. When I adopted her, she had already weaned kittens...of course, someone left her out to get knocked up and she was only about 6 months old when I got her.
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

Have these kittens found homes?

Original Poster

Well, it turns out that someone at the SPCA's clinic earlier this week, when the kittens were being fixed, agree to take two of them home. So there are two white male kittens (adolescents, not babies) remaining, and their mom, who is a pretty tabby/white/Siamese looking girl.

FHC, I don't know if you're still interested now that the Siamese kitten has been claimed. It would be great if the mom and two remaining babies could go somewhere together, but I know not everyone has room for three more barn cats!

They're not white or Siamese, but I do have another thread going for some other adolescent kittens needing barn homes.

Erin, I think I will pass for now. I may check out a Siamese rescue, now that my heart seems to be going in that direction.