The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default UNBELIEVALBE BS-free CL pony went to New Holland

we had no choice she went to new holland yesterday
    This is what she must have posted, I got it in an email and it's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I know that there are people in this forum that tried to contact her as well as a couple of friends of mine who were willing to take the pony. Now she writes this BS, sorry, it's just so absurd. I believe that she never tried to respond to anyone. I just don't understand why she even posted in CL in the first place except that perhaps she wanted to run the price up at New Holland out of pity. It's just crazy. Just wanted to share this update. I have no idea what became of this poor pony. I never had any contact with the person but was shocked with the effort to help and she never responded. I don't know why I was shocked, nothing should shock me anymore.

Sorry, not following your post. Was there a thread about this pony? If you never had any contact with this person, how did you get an e-mail from her? Just trying to understand what you are saying......

Are you absolutely sure that your friends did try to contact her? Perhaps no one was able to go get the pony in the needed time frame.

Yes there was a thread, I posted it, alerting ppl to the craigslist ad, and see if we could get pony help.

I know there's some posters on here who regularly attend NH, anyone know what came of pony?

In any even, here is the thread.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=231533

ETA: I do not see anything posted on CL saying pony did indeed go to NH. Where did that come from? Just curious, and of course, I may've missed it on CL.
    Cupid - 2001 to 2006 I miss you everyday!
    Consent - 4/16/86 to 7/7/07 You were the love of my life!

I can't make any guarantees about this particular pony of course but in general they do not slaughter ponies. They take up too much room on the truck for how little they weigh so its not cost effective. Chances are the pony is fine. Hopefully found a home that is a little more stable than the one it left.

I also started a thread from an email that I received and I got the other email from the same person. I posted that it was an email, so you would have to decide for yourself if it's true or not. I was just sharing the information. I posted the entire email and this time I did not. I don't know how they got this information except it was also forwarded in an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Love My TB Consent View Post
    Yes there was a thread, I posted it, alerting ppl to the craigslist ad, and see if we could get pony help.

I know there's some posters on here who regularly attend NH, anyone know what came of pony?

In any even, here is the thread.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=231533

ETA: I do not see anything posted on CL saying pony did indeed go to NH. Where did that come from? Just curious, and of course, I may've missed it on CL.

Wait a minute, the last time this debate about slaughtering ponies came up, didn't some Canadian cothers post that they have seen the kill buyers buying ponies?

I don't think the slaughterhouses discriminate against ponies if someone shows up with them.........sadly.

If it's profitable they will slaughter it, and I understand there are some specific preferences in types of horse meat, true or not, the ponies can always go for zoo meat.

I don't know anything about this pony, obviously the owner didn't care so who know what became of her.

All I do know is that people were claiming that they called repeatedly and they got no response so the claim that they HAD to take her to New Holland is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Wait a minute, the last time this debate about slaughtering ponies came up, didn't some Canadian cothers post that they have seen the kill buyers buying ponies?

I don't think the slaughterhouses discriminate against ponies if someone shows up with them.........sadly.

CL is a spooky place.
    And the claim may not be as bogus as you think. Circumstances may have made it such that the pony had to be gone by such and such day and time, and the erstwhile sellers had other pressing issues that made it impossible to deal with potential takers before the cutoff. Health problems, house fire, court/jail problems, car accident, drinking/drugging problems, who knows? They might not have known about the existance of rescues in the area.
    Even the best of us are sometimes overwhelmed.

Still really sucky that they had to make everybody who might have done for the pony feel rotten, and hoping as hard as I can that it found a good home.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible