The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dear COTH, I just want you to know that I, for one, still love you

Dear Mods and COTH team,
    I know you are getting all sorts of flack from members of the community. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the hard work you are putting in to make the forums and the site a better place. I know you don't have all the kinks ironed out, but I promise I will be patient, as I know that a site redesign is a lot of work.

Love,
    LTF
    "My shopping list is getting long but I will add the marshmallows right below the napalm." -Weighaton

This thread is probably going to get deleted all the same..
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

The changes are a little bit like changing to a new saddle, takes a little to get use to, but it is the same old horse under us.

I feel sorry for those implementing the changes, because they are working their hearts out, some is not yet ideal and they are getting dumped on by those that are having tantrums over it.

I guess that eventually we will get used to what won't change, will learn to like some of the new and after some time wonder what the big deal was after all.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnToFly View Post
    Dear Mods and COTH team,
    I know you are getting all sorts of flack from members of the community. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the hard work you are putting in to make the forums and the site a better place. I know you don't have all the kinks ironed out, but I promise I will be patient, as I know that a site redesign is a lot of work.

Love,
    LTF
    Ditto. Today I have no glitches to report, and things look pretty darned good. Thanks!!
    Love,
    Harveyhorses

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by LearnToFly View Post
    Dear Mods and COTH team,

Love,
    LTF
    Ditto what LearnToFly said - I liked the green ! but blue is fine too!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I loved the green, but I'm not going to piss and moan over color.

The new fonts, though, are just perfect! So very happy with the switch to a chunky sans-serif. Much easier to read... for hours and hours...

Doing a great job, guys! Keep it up!

The change of color and font is very much appreciated. Thank you! It is a start and proves that you are listening to us.

Agreed.

Some of us are still unhappy that the Chronicle went away from the old white paper stock! But we learn to live with change...

Things are looking much improved!
    Family Partners Welsh Ponies - Home of Section B Welsh stallion *Wedderlie Mardi Gras LOM/AOE http://www.welshponies.com
    Click here to buy: A Guide To In Hand Showing of Your Welsh Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    The changes are a little bit like changing to a new saddle, takes a little to get use to, but it is the same old horse under us.

I feel sorry for those implementing the changes, because they are working their hearts out, some is not yet ideal and they are getting dumped on by those that are having tantrums over it.

I guess that eventually we will get used to what won't change, will learn to like some of the new and after some time wonder what the big deal was after all.
    couldn't have said it better myself.

I still love you too COTH.

Considering that only a teeny tiny number of the people here subscribe to COTH, I have to wonder why so many feel the need to be so bitter in the first place? They have given us a nice place to play FOR FREE. Play nice back. I voiced my concerns on the initial threads and posted alternate workarounds. I didn't need to do anything more than that...they listened to most of the concerns we had, and I am sure they are working on the others. Thank you COTH for listening.

I was offered an alternate stylesheet (sans plugin's) to view Chronicle while the text colors were wonkey. And I did use it because we were in the midst of launching SS for Rescues. It was handled the way it should have been..privately. I have a depth perception issue and the fix helped me. I don't need it now that the colors are fixed. Thank you COTH for listening and thank you fellow COTH member for helping me.

I will be renewing my subscription this week. I also do enjoy the new bit of "fluff" in the online addition too. There are complaints about that, but the way I see it is this...

People are complaining about it being in the magazine (or I should say the online issue) yet it is all people talk about here in the forums? We got what we have been asking for all these years afterall didn't we.

Thank you COTH. You will always be my favorite diversion.
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Yes, what LTF said!!! Thank you COTH, you are wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Are you the type of person who does not tell the person who orders the paper that you used the last package of paper because you do not want to sound like you are complaining?

How would they know what to fix if people did not tell them what was not working?

In that whole long post about problems there were very few who were rude about it. Most simply stated facts.

If no one said anything then the forum would not know people were having a hard time reading that font in that color, etc.

It is wonderful that COTH listened to our concerns. Could not ask for a better place!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Dear COTH board content,
    You and I are cool.

XOXO,
    Renn

Dear Mod1 and Mod2,
    Y'all are awesome.

Thanks much,
    Renn

Dear web design team,
    Uhhh... hi?

Insert non-committal signature here
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

You know, I'm just glad to be here!
    I'm so thankful that the stuff we post is the same, I really don't care what shape or color it is
    THANKS
    Y'all ain't right!

C oth is the only board I visit.It is professional and the membership by and large are educated horse people.

Change is inevitable. I don't like a few things but I still use Yahoo Classic for email It's font size/window size due to my middle aged eyes.

I won't be a complainer

Thank you much everyone!

We're going to be reopening the feedback thread later today after we address some issues, so we'll combine the thread with that one.

We very much appreciate the members of our community and respect their input.

Even while we're in this transition period, we do want to maintain the focus on horse topics and threads, so we'll be directing comments re: the site to three places: the feedback thread, the glitch thread, and direct to the main office.

We'll get things set up and redirected accordingly later today.

Thanks again!
    Mod 1