The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

A Secret Santa sent two wonderful boxes to Equihab.... full of amazing things.

They came JUST IN TIME! Two new horses arrived this week, and having those nice blankets handy made it so nice. I'm attaching photos of the blankets in use: Gertie the Belgian mare and Mary Alyce the Morgan mare both enjoy being warm, especially with all this snow on the ground!

I'd like to mail out a thank you card, but the "from" address looks more like a store address... so I'll have to find out who you are & get your mailing address.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS from everyone at Equihab
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1923r.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	27526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1938r.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	27527  

Just Outside of Dallas - California to be exact

Good Morning & MERRY XMAS to ALL!

We at TIER are having the most wonderful Xmas ever! It makes me all emotional because this was such a tough year for everyone. Special Horses and it's creators are such a Blessing. Not only have a couple of great people gotten together to help horse rescues across this land by creating Special Horses, but those gals have actually become dear friends.

COTH has helped so many! The Moderators have been so good and allowing Special Horses to "sticky" the threads has helped tremendoulsy.

We now have a rampant Chickin Addiction group right here at TIER comprised of kitties and goofy dogs.

As a Christmas bonus, we were able to help 3 horses in need. 2 of them arrived here on the eve of Christmas eve: http://www.tierrescue.org/HorsesInNeed.htm

The 3rd horse was picked up Christmas eve morning. With the collaboration of four different people/rescue groups, an emaciated thoroughbred gelding was rescued from a neglectful home. The pictures are sad. (I don't have him on our website yet and cannot post pictures here). He is an aged TB and we will TRY to read his tattoo.

The horse was first brought to our attention by Deborah J. of Huntington Beach. TIER, FalconRidge Rescue and Blue Apple worked together to contact the owner and get the horse to safety. Blue Apple agreed to take him in. TIER picked him up and safely got him in a stall with some food which he scarfed up.

His upper front teeth are gone from cribbing and his backbone is showing badly. He will be transported to Blue Apple Ranch within the next few days where he will live out his life and never experience an empty stomach again.

Not to worry......he's only getting small amounts of feed to begin with. I am soaking pellets & adding Equine Advantage. He is cleaning it up. He is also able to eat alfalfa. He does leave the stems behind, but there are other residents who will clean that up. He doesn't appear to be quidding his hay, so that's good!

Friends, Horses, Networking, Supporting & Caring.......such a wonderful Christmas!
    Last edited by Whoanellie; Dec. 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: edit
    Be kind to the animals for they are the True Innocents!
    True Innocents Equine Rescue: www.tierrescue.org
    Join us on Facebook!

I am (as always) happy to post the pics for you!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Thank you Karen Weiderman for the generous Secret Santa surprise!
    One of our best fosters, Marilynn, lost her job and " Nate" - a young arabian gelding - does not want to leave her... A neighbor of Marilynns has stepped up to be an Angel and I think I will add this to the support kitty. Nate suffered a knee fracture and Marilynn has done an amazing job rehabbing him. Thank you again Karen! Happy Holidays!

Pics of TIER's newest rescue:

Name:	TB Lft. Back 12-24-09.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	27540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB Rear-Top View 12-24-09.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	27541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB Top View Withers to Rear 12-24-09.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	27542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TBLft Side Eating 12-24-09.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	27543  
    www.specialhorses.org

and more - see how your generous gifts can make such a huge difference in the life of a horse!

Name:	TBLft Side-Withers-Rear 12-24-09.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	27544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xmas Eve TB Front Teeth 12-24-09.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	27545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xmas Eve TB.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	27546  
    www.specialhorses.org

Smile youtube belgian clip to share with you

I posted some really short video clips of the new rescue Belgian Gertie. (And check out that nice blanket her Secret Santa sent her.... She's so fashionable! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCDUvzSmTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc4NSrfH4Sg

Here's alittle video of some of the NEER horses helped through the generosity of people like you!
    Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNlZFYXM4U

Thank you everyone for making this "Special" Christmas!
    Last edited by mary m.; Jan. 2, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Just Outside of Dallas - California to be exact

Happy New Year Everyone!

The horses of True Innocents Equine Rescue thank those generous SS's who made this Christmas so bright. We had the best Christmas ever because of you! Thanks ever so much!

A very BIG THANK YOU to the crew of Special Horses who have, one more time, brought people together to help horses and the folks who rescue them. We just cannot thank you enough for your caring, attention to detail, going above and beyond to reach out and touch Horse Rescues from Coast to Coast.

The rescue world is a much better place because of all of you!!
    Be kind to the animals for they are the True Innocents!
    True Innocents Equine Rescue: www.tierrescue.org
    Join us on Facebook!

Talking

I can't say it any better than whonelli did, but please let me echo her sentiments!! We got great goodies and great donations via this secret santa program this fall, and we can't thank you enough! A special thanks to Special Horses and their efforts, and of course a huge thanks to COTH moderators/management for allowing this program. Finally, a never ending thank you to our regular supporters and our regular volunteers, without whom we couldn't do what we do.

Best wishes for a grand 2010,
    AMC and all of the CWER herd
    AnnMarie Cross, Pres, Crosswinds Equine Rescue, cwer.org
    Sidell IL (near Champ./UofI/Danville IL/IN state border)

CANTER Illinois Guest

Default Thank you to Donors

On behalf of the volunteers at CANTER Illinois, I'd like to thank our donors for your generosity. Your gifts will help us make this a happier year for Thoroughbreds at risk. Your support is much appreciated.

Denise Pumfrey
    Executive Director
    CANTER Illinois

I have been sidelined with some family issues so I haven't been on COTH in weeks. I missed so much and I want to thank Wendi for handling everything, she is absolutely awesome!

And to everyone who donated, and to our amazing participating groups, there are no words to say how grateful we are to you all. You are there whenever there is need and you make such a tremendous difference for the horses in need.

A huge standing ovation to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

But we didn't do this to be awesome (although if I could put this on my CV...). We do it because we genuinely want to help those "in the trenches," in whatever way we can, and because we know no effort is too small.

Our hats are off to YOU, and to the incredible generosity of our wonderful donors.
    Last edited by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"; Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
    www.specialhorses.org

As the New Year begins, I would like to again thank everyone who donated to Heart Land. You have been generous beyond words. I hope I did not forget anyone and personal notes will be going out soon. Happy New Year!

Another thank you to the BEHS donors. We took in the first two horses of 2010 on New Year's day. Emaciated mare and her 7 month old filly (photos on our Facebook page). Your generosity gives them a chance at the life they deserve!
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Jenn - if you'd like the pics posted here, just e mail them to me!
    www.specialhorses.org

Default THANKS STRYDER!!

We received another goodie box courtesy of SS in yesterday's mail! Two gorgeous, brand new halters arrived, and our miss Butterscotch is already happily wearing one of them! I will see this morning whether the second fits Kelso well enough that his "friend" Pepper won't be able to remove it and leave it in the mud in under an hour....

Again, thank yous all around....

Quote Originally Posted by Crosswinds Rescue View Post
    I can't say it any better than whonelli did, but please let me echo her sentiments!! We got great goodies and great donations via this secret santa program this fall, and we can't thank you enough! A special thanks to Special Horses and their efforts, and of course a huge thanks to COTH moderators/management for allowing this program. Finally, a never ending thank you to our regular supporters and our regular volunteers, without whom we couldn't do what we do.

Best wishes for a grand 2010,
    AMC and all of the CWER herd

Thank you again from NEER!! We REALLY appreciate all of your help and support. Thank you Wendi and Colleen and Special Horses. May 2010 be better for all of the horses...

Happy New Year!

Beth of NEER (:

Quote Originally Posted by Crosswinds Rescue View Post
    We received another goodie box courtesy of SS in yesterday's mail! Two gorgeous, brand new halters arrived, and our miss Butterscotch is already happily wearing one of them! I will see this morning whether the second fits Kelso well enough that his "friend" Pepper won't be able to remove it and leave it in the mud in under an hour....

Again, thank yous all around....
    AnnMarie, as soon as I saw you had some big kids, I knew those halters had to come to you! I hope Pepper can leave it alone.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    AnnMarie, as soon as I saw you had some big kids, I knew those halters had to come to you! I hope Pepper can leave it alone.
    I have no doubt pepper will NOT leave it alone, but it seems a great fit and I believe it will stay in place for Kelso.

Funny you mention our 'big guys' -- one of our volunteers wanted to buy Valiant a new halter for christmas. So she bought the biggest thing at the local feed store. It was just barely large enough to fit Memphis (our draft cross) but didnt even cover Val's nose. memphis got a new halter, thanks, as she insisted on not returning it.

so I referred her to drafttack.com and guestimated that Valiant would need their draft large. She even called them and described our big boy. they said either the large, or their most massive is a Draft Stallion halter, but every time someone buys that it comes back as too large. So she got the Draft Large, and it arrived yesterday.

You guessed it -- that's a perfect fit for Tessa and Xena, so it is staying as well, and she was back on line last night to order the third attempt to replace Valiant's halter!!!

We're most appreciative that she's been willing to donate the smaller ones, as TRUE draft size halters can be pricy and are seldom donated...and Valiant (aka Valium) has broken 2 since arriving!

Again thanks so much, Stryker. Butter looks adorable in hers, and Kelso's looks great and is far more likely to stay on his face than the last two, as pepper knows how to open the ones with the chin snaps!!!