The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone need a pony? NJ

Another person sending their *rescue* to new holland. Maybe someone can take her?

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/1451542109.html
    Cupid - 2001 to 2006 I miss you everyday!
    Consent - 4/16/86 to 7/7/07 You were the love of my life!

Ad like this make me ill- so they got this poor thing from a rescue, she "is not what they wanted" so now are throwing out the "if she is not gone by this weekend she is going to the killers".... Nice! People like that should not be allowed to own horses.
    I have plenty of room and acres of empty pasture but live 1200 miles away. Hopefully, something will pan out for the poor thing.

Yes, this is "trying to give her a chance." Why did they take her in the first place?
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

It's a bizarre ad: no information except that she's still thin and needs her hooves done.

Weird as well as sad.
    "The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions." --Dostoevsky

Here's the CL ad since it will probably get flagged or pulled:

FREE PONY MARE
    Date: 2009-11-04, 3:50PM EST
    Reply to: sale-pxf8g-1451542109@craigslist.org

She was a rescue not what we are looking for she is free to who ever wants to come get her. She is still thin and needs feet done dont know if she rides was told she does...has to go by this weekend if not i will have no choice but to send her to new holland and she will go for slaughter for sure trying to give her a chance
    NJRider -- The ad says she was a rescue, not that they got her from a rescue, just to be clear. Who knows what the story is, but it doesn't sound like an actual rescue group was involved.

I saw that on CL, I also saw someone else posted on CL to this person that they have been trying to get in touch with them, with no response. I fid it odd that the person is not responding to interest in the pony. But hopefully the pony found a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Passiton View Post
    NJRider -- The ad says she was a rescue, not that they got her from a rescue, just to be clear. Who knows what the story is, but it doesn't sound like an actual rescue group was involved.
    People think buying a puppy from a puppy miller or a pet store is "rescuing" it, so I'd be skeptical. This pony doesn't sound like it was rescued at all, because it would have to be safe to qualify.

I forwarded this from an email to friends who also said they tried to make contact with no luck, very strange if you want to place a pony in a home that you don't respond.

Thumbs down

Not so strange if you don't bother to be actually HOME (or keep your cell phone on, charged, or whatever) or check for messages, because you don't actually CARE about the pony enough to disrupt your routine.