The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Toddler riding clothes

I am looking for everyday riding clothes for my little girl--ie jods, paddock boots and little half chaps. I had a few pony/children's websites saved onmy ond computer and it crashed!!! Can ya'll recommend good places to find tiny clothes.

Thanks

Maryland Saddlery carries great children's riding gear.

I too was begging for this info about a month ago. I have a grandson so it's even hard to find little boy clothes. I figured out there isn't much out there in the toddler size, meaning the "t" sizes. He wears a 3t/4t but I got the size 2 jods (smallest I could fine) and they fit just fine. Don't know where you are located but I bought the jods and boots (used) at the Middleburg Tack Exchange (VA). The boots are black zip ups, so cute but I did end up buying two size bigger than his normal size (?). You can look them up on the internet if you aren't close or give them a call. Lots of little girl stuff. Also, try Justforponies.com. They have little kids stuff.
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

www.theshowkid.com

www.justforponies.com

Two of my MOST favorite places to shop for the girls. If can't find what you want/need on the website just call them they are both VERY happy to help you out with whatever you need and will know where to order it from!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Default Leadline-need guidance!!

So my son's 2nd birthday is going to coincide with a horse show-this I forgot until everything was scheduled.

Thinking that perhaps if I get the kid ready for leadline-maybe my husband won't kill me.

At a bigger show, what do they ask for in leadline? I have NEVER paid attention to leadline-so aside from the very basics, I know nothing

Also-I have been hunting for clothes-where do I find size 8 toddler jodhpur boots? Can I use lace Paddocks? Where do I find them?
    Where do I find Jodhpurs that size? Boy's Hunt Coat?

The Old Habit in MArshall, VA is going out of business and everything is on sale!! They have a whole room dedicated to wee-ones

I've checked all the sources listed here as well as ebay and Ricks Saddlery and Dover. Anyone have more ideas for 2T/3T clothes and Toddler 6/7/8 paddock boots? I did get a pair of Toddler size 5 boots from MD Saddlery- but they are too small.

I would love to find consignment/used items instead of new.

Thanks!

I just posted in Off Course that I was looking for teeny tiny breeches, too. This thread didnt turn up when I searched the fourms, but Google found it!

Boinks is the only place I've been able to find 2T sizes and smaller (I'm looking for 18- 24 month as a gift for my neice who is about to turn one!). I'm still looking because I just want to give them as a cute gift since my sister is very unhorsey, so the breeches dont have to be "real"... or at least they dont have to be made for riding per se.

Good luck!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

I found a riding coat for my son at a garage sale, hand-made and it was $5.

I don't think it would take a huge amount of expertise to sew one if you had a pattern.
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

My sister used cat collars for garters on her wee ones