The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stargate Sport Horses Auction

Billed as a "reduction" sale, it looks as though they are divesting of most of their stock, including stallions Bergamon and Nassau.
    http://professionalauction.com/09stargate.htm

Yes, the farm has been sold or (pending). Has this not already been discussed? I wish I could offer those awesome stallions a home. Rosalyn and co. Did an amazing job at the farm. Best wishes

risingstar: If it was already discussed, I didn't see it. Apologies if it has been.

Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

I really like hte Prestige filly, Pik's Dharma, wish I had the money, as she, to me, is stunning. Someone keep an eye on her for me, and let me know what she goes for...

Quote Originally Posted by Piaffe~Passage View Post
    I really like hte Prestige filly, Pik's Dharma, wish I had the money, as she, to me, is stunning. Someone keep an eye on her for me, and let me know what she goes for...

I love that one also.

See the thread in the dressage forum. Many of their horses are lame or have major OCD issues. No sane buyer would buy anything from Stargate. They've obviously had a very substandard breeding program and very poor management of their horses. It sucks for the horses, but I would never put any money into those horses.

I talked to someone who was at Stargate today, and most (all?) of their horses are in very poor condition and the ones undersaddle are nearly ruined. One of the first horses shown bucked off the rider almost immediately.

Caveat Emptor...

Quote Originally Posted by dressurpferd01 View Post
    See the thread in the dressage forum. Many of their horses are lame or have major OCD issues. No sane buyer would buy anything from Stargate. They've obviously had a very substandard breeding program and very poor management of their horses. It sucks for the horses, but I would never put any money into those horses.

I talked to someone who was at Stargate today, and most (all?) of their horses are in very poor condition and the ones undersaddle are nearly ruined. One of the first horses shown bucked off the rider almost immediately.

Caveat Emptor...
    I believe that people who are interested should read the disclosures and be prudent BUT please note that Stargate is NOT the only consignor and the filly we mentioned, Pik's Dharma, is NOT a Stargate horse.

Also, these horses all deserve good homes. Their situation is not their fault. So please, unless you have firsthand knowledge, perhaps it would be better not to be so dramatic.

Wasn't aware of any outside consignors, so sorry about the broad comments. I do have firsthand knowledge of everything I stated.

You know, it's one thing to post any disclosures but quite another to be as insulting as you were on the dressage thread. Seems as though you might have some underlying issues there.

I have no connection to Stargate, don't even know the owners or horses, but to try to ruin the auction and prevent anyone from purchasing the horses seems a bit over the top.

Perhaps the first horses shown were the ones with only 60 days training?.............I'm just saying, unless you want to quote specific details I wouldn't pass on gossip.
    "We don't ride the clock. We ride the horse." Reiner Klimke.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/arnikaelf

I, too, am a bit appalled that someone would come on here and trash another's horses like that. Maybe the poster plans to buy some and wants to discourage anyone else from going by poisoning the well? If so, shame on you. If not, then double shame on you for trying to prevent these horses from finding homes.

Edited to add that I think I just realized who this is that is posting and if I am correct, he's not as mean as he sounds here. Just needs to give a bit more thought to posts before he hits the submit key........
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

First-hand knowledge is when you experience something directly. Second-hand information (the kind posted here re: Stargate) is when, as the poster indicated, "they heard" from someone else, but didn't experience something themselves. That is second-hand knowledge in everyone's book.

I logged onto the PAS preview to check the validity of these statements and the horses looked to be in great condition. ??? I would hardly say they were in poor condition. I don't know anyone involved but just an observation from a third party here... that statement doesn't seem to add up.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com