I especially like where it says if a horse isn't able to digest beet pulp their hind ends shut down and they get weak in the hind end. If there were pounds of undigested beet pulp in there they would do a hell of a lot more than get weak. Die is more like it.
shhhh, don't tell the horse we had that did 50 mile rides that he was weak in the hind end. He got NO hay, because he was allergic to it. At night, we fed him a water bucket full of soaked beet pulp, so he could nibble all night.
Oh, yeah, he also evented at Prelim. which he would NOT have been able to do if he was not breathing and coughing.
This chickie is just another one of many who are skirting the practicing veterinary medicine without a license. They give anything good about alternative therapies a bad name. She markets about three MLM products on her website and practices the raindrop technique on animals and people.
It was later that I discovered that vets often have little to no class time on preventative health care, or nutrition, during veterinary school. For example, giving corn oil for better fat intake. Did you know that corn oil blocks the absorption of vital nutrients and minerals that the horse needs? Romeo taught me that horses thrive on being natural and it took his death to prove it to me. So I became a certified holistic equine practitioner.
Wow, all along I thought they were really learnin' sumpin up der at Cornell Vet Hospital. I could have saved myself $2k taking Dumplin' up and just dribbled oil on him stuffed his toothless self full of hay and he probably would have lived. Damn. I messed up big.
It sounds like she has a convoluted and misguided view of EPSM going on? Weak in the hind, stifle issues, poor health and weight?
I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques
Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.
Cleansing... Did you know that 75% of all disease is eliminated just by cleaning your colon/stomach?
Check out HerbsFirst for Colon Cleanse #1. Get it, do it, feel great.
Okay guys, there you go, the cure to 75% of ALL disease is a clean colon. *rolls eyes* Now, I'm sure if we follow all her wisdom we can prevent the other 25% of disease then we can all live FOREVAR!! MWAHAHAHAH
And then there was this:
The Work of Byron Katie
Did you know that all disease starts with an emotion? Get your thoughts clear and life just works. Learn to do the work and all emotional pain disappears. You can do this work at home. Imagine no more fighting with your spouse friends or coworkers. Be at peace with your thoughts. Discover YOU.
There you are folks, no more diseases at all, and all you have to do is think positively
Who certifies Certified Holistic Equine Practitioners? Is this like some of the divinity degrees we used to be able to get out of the back of Rolling Stone? What does one have to do to obtain such certification? I imagine that writing a check plays into it somehow...
I'm not a fan of beet pulp myself. I found loads of undigested BP in my IR horse's manure. At first I thought it was massive amounts of tape worm segments !!! In addition, pelleted types I tried, especially Blue Seal, were loaded with sand. Shreds were typically much cleaner. Even so, I won't feed it anymore, low sugar or no.
So, Dr. Eleanor Kellon now works for the Division of Motor Vehicles?
As for what that "author" says about what Dr. Harman (my favorite chiro) has to say about beet pulp and sugar, I couldn't find any such statements on Dr. Harman's website (no surprise there). In fact, here is some of what is actually said about BP on Dr. H's website:
"For the best in nutrition, feed whole grains. The best feeds to use are oats, barley, corn and beet pulp with no added molasses...Beet pulp (without molasses) is a useful food because it is low in easy to digest sugars and can be substituted for bran in the commonly used bran mash. Beet pulp is a good source of minerals, complex (safe) carbohydrates and fiber."
I sent the link to Bracaloni's piece of garbage "article" to Dr. Harman.