The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New Dover Catalog

Just got my new Dover catalog, and aside from folding pages over for my Christmas list I can't help but notice how ADORABLE the cover is!! The little girl and the pony are just the cutest!! Anybody know who that is? and can I have them for Christmas?? (yeah, I have 2 boys who have NO interest in horses)

Default just the cutest thang.....

Oh, I thought so too and I have one non-horsey son. He said "Mom, I like horses, but I don't want to ride them." I guess he was trying to let me down easy. My sister has two girls, some days I feel so deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by tnscvaga View Post
    Oh, I thought so too and I have one non-horsey son. He said "Mom, I like horses, but I don't want to ride them." I guess he was trying to let me down easy. My sister has two girls, some days I feel so deprived.
    I just changed my address, so haven't gotten mine yet. SNIFF!

For those of you who have non-horsey sons, I'm so sorry. I thought God had a sense of humor giving ME a girly-girl, until she found horses. He knew what He was doing
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Yes !!~~~ I thought they were" pushing that cute button" too !!!
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Thankfully I have some of each, and while my boys are good with horses ( they work on the farm and CAN ride) they don't ride often, which leaves all that fun to the girls and I, they do the dirty work and we get to have all the fun!! Of course I think they believe running tractors and bailing hay IS fun so we will let them keep on believing!!!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

Wink Dover, you are KILLING me.....

I am sick. With some flu-like nastiness.

The worst part about being sick is that in between drooling on my pillow and blowing my nose, I'm feeling sorry for myself, looking at really weird sh*& on the Internet and thinking bad thoughts such as: how will I pay for next year's horse shows? The horse show account is dry. Dry, dry, I tell you.

So I crawl to the end of the driveway and get the mail. Which contains the new Dover catalog. And what's on the cover? The cutest-kid-ever jumping the cutest-pony-ever at a horse show, that you know cost her parents a blankety-blank fortune. This is the kind of picture that makes mothers curse God for giving them sons instead of daughters.

I will bet my next paycheck that the cover of this Dover catalog will be ripped off and hung on my daughter's bedroom wall before the sun sets. Takers? That would pad the horse show account nicely.

Worrying about it is useless (sing it with me). But I know there are others out there doing the same thing.

We'll figure it out. I've uploaded a picture of the Dover catalog cover that I just took on my kitchen table. Go here to see it: http://www.sheridesipay.com/

-Elizabeth
    She Rides, I Pay
    www.SheRidesIpay.com
    Last edited by elizuhowell; Nov. 4, 2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added link to photo

Is that pony brindle?!

I just got it. It says it's a 2009-2010 catalog. I swear I have another from not very long ago (a month?) that calls itself a 2009-2010 catalog that has the same things. Do they just keep repeat mailings?
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy-up View Post
    I just got it. It says it's a 2009-2010 catalog. I swear I have another from not very long ago (a month?) that calls itself a 2009-2010 catalog that has the same things. Do they just keep repeat mailings?
    Dover is infamous for that. I generally get 3 or 4 of thee exact same magazine. Some with different covers...some with the same covers. I once called to reduce the number to one and then got 5 of the exact same magazine in the mail that month! That's my all time record though.

Considering I never order anything from dover (the shipping annoys me) you would think they would save a tree or two and send those magazines to someone who might order something.