The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB mare pedigree

Couldn't resist...

Can anyone critique this TB mare pedigree as a h/j broodmare? She already produced very nice prospects, but I would like to have more information on her bloodlines.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/imp+the+excellence

Thanks!

Anyone? I know there are some great TB bloodlines gurus on this forum!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Oddly enough, I found Silver Deputy a few weeks ago in a search. He was the sire of a stallion named Cult Hero who was exported to Ireland and had a couple of event horses there. One was ridden by Polly Stockton and the other by Piggy French. Those are super special top UK riders.

Lord Durham I also found not so long ago. Can't remember why or who, but he definitely tweaks my memory.

Female family is A1. That means the damline can't be traced to a mare in the British General Stud Book.

The sire Samurai was imported from Germany and comes from lines that were used heavily in the creation of the sporting version of the German WB.

Sailor is an excellent sport horse (jumping line). His sire is Eight Thirty, well recognized as a sport horse progenitor. Dark Star is the horse who won the Kentucky Derby and inflicted the only defeat on Native Dancer. DS was exported to France later in life. He has a couple of SF event horse descendants over there, as well as being in the lines of John Williams's advanced horse here, Sloopy, through Hidden Treasure.
    '
    Swoon's Son has two descendants in Dr. Birdsall, and both Blenheim and Ambiorix have several inches of descendants listed.

Sir Ivor is well loved by eventers, and Traffic Judge has ended up in WB pedigrees through a descendant who was exported to France. Dame Fritchie is beautifully bred with doubles to Bulldog (Teddy/Plucky Liege) and Man O' War. Her sire line goes to Count Fleet.

Orderofexcellence did his racing in Canada and stood there as well.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

We visited the yard where Cult Hero stands a couple of weeks ago, near Gorey in co Wexford - they also have a very nice young TB stallion there, Emperor Augustus:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/emperor+augustus

They both deserve better conditions, I have to say - a bit heartrending.

Cult Hero progeny seem to be increasingly popular in Ireland and the UK. I saw a very, very nice gelding by him today, coincidentally, being jumped in a training session by a young local event rider called Sam Penn, and it was stunning! Had an amazing pop on it, quite sharp and forward going, but not unpleasantly so. Apparently Pippa Funnell is really keen on Cult Hero offspring.

Welcome to stallion management Irish style! And while there are some good stallion people here, the ones above really are heartbreaking.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

have any of you heard of the stallion Robin Des Champs-now standing in Ireland --I dont want to hijack the thread --I posted about in a thread below-Thanks
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/robin+des+champs