The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

stella02 Guest

Wink Breeding Suggestions, please?

Looking for suggestions for my mare for 2010...maiden mama...She is a 7 year old by Ariadus out of a Cabaret mare...16.2, excellent trot, good canter...needs improvement in top line...and she is a modern type...scored 47 with bonits of 7 6 6 6 7 8 7, free jumping scores of 7/8, MMP?

What are you trying to breed? Dressage, jumper or hunter?
    www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

stella02 Guest

Well...I have recently fallen in love with eventing after years in the h/j world...so both :-)... My mare has outstanding scope and is a great mover, really could improve the canter a bit (she canters like a jumper) so I am open, definitely dont want to lose movement

stella02 Guest

Not that it's a bad thing to canter like a jumper in the jumper ring, just have a harder time getting the roundness in canter for dressage tests:-)

Quote Originally Posted by stella02 View Post
    Well...I have recently fallen in love with eventing after years in the h/j world...so both :-)... My mare has outstanding scope and is a great mover, really could improve the canter a bit (she canters like a jumper) so I am open, definitely dont want to lose movement
    Both? Hunters and jumpers are very different. If you want an event horse what about A Fine Romance for eventing or Formula One.

I hope you stay with a Holsteiner. My Ariadus mare has had two foals by Contester. The first was four this year and was sold to Denny Emerson. Go to my website and check out Valonia under "Sold Horses". There is also a page called "Valonia's Journal" where you can see her progress. Contester is an FEI dressage stallion, but there are tons of jumping genes in there. He crossed VERY well with Ariadus. The full sibling is named Calixto and you can see him on the sales page.

www.minglewoodsporthorses.net
    Maryanne Nicpon
    Minglewood Sport Horses
    Ballston Spa, NY