The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question YEH Championship Judges

Does anyone know who judged the West Coast YEH Championships? Was it the same 3 as the East Coast? It'd be interesting to know as the West Coast horses scored quite a bit higher than the East Coast ones, and the one 5 year old who did both the East and West Coast Champs scored more than 5 points higher on the West Coast. Just curious. Thanks!

It looks like the weather conditions were significantly better on the west Coast( understatement!) - the footing was very deep for all phases here at Fair Hill so I can imagine the horses moved and jumped better in Ca

Indeed, the weather was significantly better! It was so COLD and WET at Fair Hill, and I know that my 4 year old was only able to offer about 70% of his usual movement on the flat, but did jump well enough thanks to super studs Way more than I would have normally advocated on a 4 year old (he was only drilled and tapped on the off chance that it'd be rainy!! Little did I know...), but the conditions certainly warranted it.

I was just curious to know if the judging panel was the same or not, as I have not been able to find it published anywhere.

TIA!

The results showed only a few horses in each division, or am I not looking in the right place?
    I too would like to know the names of the judges.

If there were different judges, different conditions, and significantly less horses competing I don't think you could accurately compare the two "championships".
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Indeed, I was purely curious as to the judges as it would be interesting to compare the two championships, but certainly do not mean to diminish the accomplishment of the pairs that competed in the West Coast Championships. Kudos to Robyn Fisher for her sweep of both divisions! Perhaps they can share the beautiful weather with the East Coast Champs next year!