The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

ok i watched both episodes....i needed a good train wreck to distract me from school-ha! so many moments.....i finally lost count of the number of comments i wanted to make so i picked a highlight from each episode

1-oh hey honey....you know how we've been dating for over 2 years and you're really a part of mine and my daughter's lives....well....surprise! i invested and am half owner of this barn but i knew you'd say no so i just went with it....wait....you're mad? that's so selfish of you! i mean, yeah, a little of the money was yours but we'll earn it back....still not convinced? well fine! just leave then! (not even touching the fact that she "doesn't like to air her dirty laundry in public" or whatever she said in the private interview)

2-look.....you need to start pulling more weight around here and showing me you're really into it because i have spent way more money than you and my parents aren't just going to give me more....and you're fat!

so terrible....in a hilariously amusing way

Oh jeez... This show sounds like Gossip Girl for the horse world!

Gettingbackon Guest

Default Unstable Premier Party

I went to the the show's Premier Party of UnStable not knowing anyone that is involved with the show! Episodes 1 through 4 were shown at the party!

Litterly everyone was crying by the end of episode 4, including myself. I am such a suck! I think this show has everything it takes to become successful!

Watch out Jon & Kate, not 1 of your episodes ever made me cry!

Default Seriously?

Gettingbackon - you are joking aren't you?

I am with those that believe our sport has an elitist reputation, and that this show only makes it seem worse.

I watched it tonight, and will watch it again. The drama is entertaining.

Head groom & pro rider are the worst IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dun Ciarain View Post
    I understand that the production costs were at least in part financed by the Goutals, so unless another parent is willing to underwrite the costs of another season, it probably won't happen.
    Not sure where you got this information, but I worked on Horse Power from beginning to end and that's news to me...

As for UnStable, I just watched it online and found it incredibly dull and very staged. If you watch the credits, there's a writer involved -- wonder how much of the drama is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    As for UnStable, I just watched it online and found it incredibly dull and very staged. If you watch the credits, there's a writer involved -- wonder how much of the drama is set up.
    Where online did you find it?
    -Tami-

[Paint It Black - "Kiddo"]

Gettingbackon Guest

Talking Info about show!

You can watch it at:

www.cmt.ca/unstable

and here are some more website that go along with the show:

www.wendigofarms.com
    http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=un...leonCMT?ref=ts

Gettingbackon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Gettingbackon - you are joking aren't you?

I am with those that believe our sport has an elitist reputation, and that this show only makes it seem worse.
    TOTALLY NOT JOKING... WATCH IT ON THURSDAY! YOU WILL CRY! TRUST ME!!!

Even though I don't think it's such a great show, you can bet I'll be watching it as soon as the episodes are available on cmt.ca. Is it too much to ask to actually see some of the horses for more than 4 seconds at a time?

Oh man just watched the first two episodes. I would not want to ride there at all.

After visiting their website it seems that Meghan no longer works there.

I just noticed that too! I'm not surprised.
    .:: a n d i ::.

Currently horseless and hating it!
    Missing two very special horses - Maddy & Perry

Lordy!

So fake. So terrible.

But for some reason, I'm still watching....

Perfectly awful. But like the proverbial trainwreck, I have to see. How come the bits I can see on itunes or cmt.ca aren't the whole episodes? They certainly don't last 30 minutes each. Is it possible to watch it on tv? I confess, I am a complete neophyte when it comes to technology!

I had to watch this after reading everyone's comments...the drama seems petty and stupid, but they have some nice horses and the pro is a pretty good rider! The only thing that had me gritting my teeth was the whole gotta buy DD a horse crap...uh, why don't you lease her a nice pony instead of worrying about purchasing some fancy hunter?

They SAY it's not scripted, based on a write up I saw. Who knows... I have seen barns this bad! Anyways... full clips are on cmt.ca. Go to unstable and there's a tab that says episodes. Then you can choose episode one or two and they are in three parts each.
    I think it's entertaining... although I'm hoping they get their stuff together. Maybe it'd be more professional with Megan gone? Megan tweeted to stay tuned for episodes 3 & 4 as they are "heartbreakers"... I'm guessing she leaves in one of these?
    .:: a n d i ::.

Currently horseless and hating it!
    Missing two very special horses - Maddy & Perry

I'll admit...the show has me hooked and I'm just WAITING for the next episode HAHA. I, too, just enjoy anything that has horses on the tv for more than a few seconds....and JUMPERS at that!

And KateKat...I have to agree. I was actually quite suprised to see that the pro rider is really quite good. But if you check out their farm Web site, it lists all the people she's trained with. They also have a you tube page where she's riding quite a bit.

And getting the daughter a horse....wow, 10k? Why aren't they looking at basic horses for her to ride...on the youtube vids she is riding a sale horse and is VERY novice, so isn't really in need of a fancy horse. Besides, I thought in the one episode Tammy said she only had 5k to dedicate to her daughter....the other 5 was for the outdoor ring?

Anyway...I shamelessly admit, I enjoy this trash! The horses are nice

I'm quite fascinated... in a horrified way... Pretty much what sparky6 said, with the addition of 3) I may be your business partner, but no, you can't have my money to finish the outdoor b/c my child MUST HAVE a $20k horse....

Nonetheless, no way am I not watching the rest of it! Trash TV only w/ horses in it: that rocks!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Quote Originally Posted by *andi* View Post
    Megan tweeted to stay tuned for episodes 3 & 4 as they are "heartbreakers"... I'm guessing she leaves in one of these?
    Sure hope so.

As a side note, I'm not sure she IS gone, judging by some of her tweets. Or maybe it's just because they're trying to keep up the pretense of her being gone until the show airs? *has hope*