The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gasrgoose View Post
    Interesting. Maybe Steven Speilberg could do it. I'm sure he has the connections & money to make it happen. But I don't think his daughter is riding in the Big Eq yet because she is still fairly young. But maybe there's a chance. If my daughter thought it would help she would write a letter to him.
    I would write a letter to him! Horsepower was a wonderful show, and not only did it help my non-horsie friends to understand what I do, it was really inspiring for me as a rider and kid - it still it. Whenever I watch I get a confidence boost and feel very detirminated to become the best rider that I can. I go on youtube and watch clips of it whenever I'm in a bit of a slump. It's also very useful for explain to boyfriends that no, I do not race horses.

By the time that Destry is in the BigEq the other riders her age will be, too (obviously), and there deffintaly some pony kids out there that we should be watching! It's why I love to watch the pony rings; you get a look at what the next mini-generation of riders are doing and can tell which ones really are serious about riding and have the talent to go far. I hope you know what I mean by mini-generation... For example, the kids that are around 8 or so now are still in the same generation as me, me being 14, but are a mini-generation behind me. And the "college kids" at my barn, that are now 20 or so are in the same generation as me, but are one mini-generation in front of me. Does that make any sense to anyone other than myself?

But honestly, this TV show sound crazy! I took a look at the barn's website and it looks all glitz and glamour - like daddy's little girl got a horse farm when she grew up, you know? The graphics are much more pretty than they are professional, and so are the pictures: everybody looks all made up, not like real horse people.

I try to stay away from reality TV, especially of the equine variety. That's why Jockeys never did anything for me. It's more about the people than the riding or the horses. I'll admit that I did Paris Hilton's My New BFF, though. Onch was so adorable! Sorry, reverting back to horse related topics...

I also see that according to their website, the original barn manager is no more!! Oh the drama-rama!!! bahahahahhahahaha
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesy View Post
    The show video is only available in Canada.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=156212316862 here's something about it on Facebook...but yeah, its a Canada show

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....v=164529261862
    and a sneak peak of episode 1
    here's the youtube version in case folks have issues with Facebook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiC-frLye8

still haven't found a full one yet though...bet someone put it on youtube

I watched it and my freakin jaw dropped because of the so called "pro" she is a spoiled brat man, her co-owner went to buy a horse for her daughter but had to break her promise to fix the outdoor ring. Snarky/spoiled "pro" told her the ring in mose important(even though they have a lovely indoor) and her daughter doesnt have to ride she can muck stalls and sit and watch mom and "pro" ride. Then "pro" goes on how she put more $$$ into it and worked harder( literally got mommy and daddy to fund her side....) and co-owner who works for her money must put even more into it(ya know forget kiddo's horse the barn is more important because princess pro wants a outdoor ring)
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

Better yet, somebody put it on RapidShare or something plz!!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Anything to get Jon and Kate off magazine covers is

Are y'all sure this barn is in Canada? Because it sure sounds like the barn I quit working for.

Those involved must really live by the principle "bad publicity is better than no publicity" because it really, truly makes them look both nasty and incompetent. Especially the "barn manager" who just made me cringe. What Olympian did she work for? Honestly, I think I would have let her go by the afternoon. If these people are just acting at being nasty and incompetent for the sake of a TV show why aren't their friends staging interventions?
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

So, out of morbid curiosity, I saw the second episode on cmt...oh. my. goodness. gracious. great ball o' fire.

What is wrong with these people, and what did my college buddy (the new girl) get herself into?

For those of you who want to (I don't know why anyone would) see it, and aren't in Canada, I'm pretty sure you can get a podcast of it...all you would have to do is download itunes and subscribe via cmt.ca...it's free.
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

The first two episodes are up on the cmt.ca website. Anyone can watch!

http://www.cmt.ca/UnStable/Episodes.aspx

Just scroll down the page to find the first episode, Fresh Start. You watch them in three parts.

don't worry american's you are not missing much. It is a shame how the pro riders and people who have horses are being portrayed.

I was going to move there before with one of my old horses (when it was named something else, it has been renamed several times) however with all of this drama I sure am glad that i didn't

Am I the only one that finds this show somewhat entertaining?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Someday View Post
    Am I the only one that finds this show somewhat entertaining?
    haha nope, i too find it quite entertaining

OMG Im not sure I can last through the first episode.

ooooooooooooooo PonySomeday....the link works for us Americans !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

I love this kind of crappy tv...the crappier, the better

Quote Originally Posted by kellidahorsegirl View Post
    ooooooooooooooo PonySomeday....the link works for us Americans !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

I love this kind of crappy tv...the crappier, the better

It's so bad.. it's good!!!

So they named the barn Wendigo not realizing it was the name of a mythical Algonquin spirit that possesses people and turns them into cannibals??? Oh that really bodes well, doesn't it?
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    So they named the barn Wendigo not realizing it was the name of a mythical Algonquin spirit that possesses people and turns them into cannibals??? Oh that really bodes well, doesn't it?
    I was wondering that when I saw the name of the stables... I remember the "Wendigo" from my scary stories book as a kid!

Call me pathetic - but I'll have to watch it...