The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rollkur sucks, the economy sucks, what's the good word for today?

So, what are you happy about this morning?

I'm happy about having the best horses (and ponies!) in the whole wide world, and about being greeted in the morning with nickers, and about mist in the pasture in the morning light.

I am happy, because I have a cute kitten who is purring loudly, while sitting in my lap. Kittens always have the best motors.

I am happy, because my dressage instructor, yesterday, helped me achieve a medium trot and medium canter-extended canter-medium canter. It felt awesome! Tess felt like she was on springs. Whoo Hooo!

It is going to be a nice day here on the east coast. I am up and healthy (knock on wood), and tonight as the sun sets...I will be riding my beloved horse outside.

I'm happy that it is not raining, our young stallion has been labeled 'perfect' in the breeding shed (he learned to be collected this week) and I am off to event tomorrow morning on a 3rd generation homebred! Oh and my head cold seems to be subsiding, so I can breathe better!

Too many blessings to count... But at the moment, I am happiest about starting walk work under saddle this weekend with sweet pony who has been on lay-up since July.

Thanks for a sunshine thread.

I'm happy because my trainer called me to say that my gelding was a VERY good boy yesterday – and I get to ride him in a lesson this aft!

Simple pleasures
    Proud Rubenesquestrian

It's payday and the dog is sleeping on my feet. I won't talk about the snowstorm that has kept me too long on the bulletin boards.

I'm happy because I'm in a Cindy Ishoy clinic with my Evil Munchkin next weekend on my birthday. And today I have some more people looking to buy my other horse.

I'm happy it's going to be 75 today, the fall is beautiful and TGIF.
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

I'm happy because I just got a new horse.

He's my foxhunting prospect, and when I pulled him off the trailer at my trainer's, she said, "Wow! You really know how to pick 'em!"
    Homeopathy claims water can cure you since it once held medicine. That's like saying you can get sustenance from an empty plate because it once held food.

I'm happy because the weather is supposed to warm up and be nice this weekend so I can go out and see my mare. Haven't seen her in almost two weeks with the bad weather and having the flu. I sure miss seeing her.

I'm happy that Maggie Moo Mare was a doll u/s yesterday as usual, and whoa'd off my seat alone from a canter. Good girl.

Ahh happy my family is healthy, happy I can tie my own shoes, happy that I have beautiful kitties that greet me every morning ...

all that and the happiest thing for me to see this morning was when I gave a few of the older horses a hot mash this morning... how their ears prick up at attention and their eyes get wide - almost like a kid opening a first gift at christmas!

Seeing the mash all over their faces and them smiling... cannot beat that this morning!

it's friday. It's payday (oh wait that's possibly not a good thing after one looks at the check and then subtracts all the bills waiting to be paid). It's not raining, it's not cold, it's not hot, it's not buggy.

I'm happy that the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair starts next week, and that I'll get to be there most of the 10 days it's on.

I am happy that two of my cyber horse friends (we actually met on this bb 4 years ago!), through determination and hard work, have managed to pull SIX dogs from a high kill shelter in GA and have organized their own rail road transport to a rescue in OH who was willing to help. Have a safe trip Itzel, Hank, Inky, Kemo, Jaxon and Jewel! And thanks a million to Elena and Paula!!!

This makes me very happy today!

Default So many reasons...

I am healthy and have lost all my pregnancy weight, 5 more to go before my breast reduction in December!

I have an adorable 11 month old son, a stable job w/ state benefits, a wonderful husband who is the best father, and no bills to speak of.

After 2 years being horseless for the first time in my life, I have a beautiful 2 year old filly that I'm breaking. She is by far the easiest youngster I've ever worked with and an absolute joy to own!

And the word for just today: I'm happy that it's Friday and I'm leaving work early this afternoon. Hubby is watching our son this afternoon so I can go deer hunting (my last chance before the time changes & I'm limited to Saturdays) Tomorrow is my son's first Halloween and he's going to be a cowboy. I get to work with my filly tomorrow, and have much-needed barn time.

Yeah, the economy sucks. I hate spending money on gas, groceries are ridiculous, and I have to be more careful with my spending. But, life is good. I have my family, my friends, my health, and can still afford the luxury of a horse. To me, that seems pretty fortunate!

ETA: Even when times weren't so tough, Ebay has been the best place to get bargains! I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything, from TS breeches to authentic LV & Hermes items. And if I can't find it there, then SmartPak is awesome with their free shipping codes. I think the economic situation has taught many of us how to be frugal and still be able to have the things we want/need.
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

I'm happy that my Sweetie made it home safe and sound from his business trip. Happy for my wonderful kitties and dog here at home. My lovely little mare that I will see later today, then trailering outwith my bestest friend on Sunday to ride. And spending tomorrow night with good friends/neighbors celebrating Halloween.

Life is good

I just got a call from vet telling me my crippled 7 year old jogged sound after flexions today! He's been off since he was 4.5 years old! I have no idea if he will still be sound tomorrow but it's great to hear that he MIGHT be making some improvements! :happy dance:

I'm headed out for a trail ride at 1pm. The colors are fabulous here right now. I'm happy to be blessed with great horses and the time to enjoy them.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.