The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Therapeutic riding- Orlando, FL

I recently moved to Orlando and I am in search of a therapeutic center that may be within a reasonable distance of my house (zip 32820). My 4 year old daughter, Lily, has cerebral palsy. She was involved in riding up in Minnesota and we would love to get her back on a horse again.

So far, all I have found are Freedom Ride and Heavenly Hoofs. HH is probably too far to drive, as they are in Kissimmee and I am on the east side of Orlando.

Does anyone have any experience with Freedom Ride?
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

They are NAHRA certified so that alone is reason to check them out. I know your daughter must really enjoy her rides.
    The benefits are wonderful too.
    "My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sunlight and nicker to me in the night"

I don't know of specific centers, but check out www.narha.org, they will have a list of affiliated centers by state.

Thanks, Birdsong, for the input. NAHRA certification is important to me to know that a program is being held to certain standards.

I don't know if you have checked it out yet, but I rode a couple times at the equestrian center at the same facility as Freedom Ride when I live in Orlando for a couple months. It seemed like everything was done well at Freedom Ride and all the kids were having fun. I would definitely check it out if I were you! I would have kept going up there but I lived in Kissimmee and it was too far of a drive for me to get there.

Good luck with you search!
    --------
    Kaoh14
    -- go big or go home --

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoh14 View Post
    I don't know if you have checked it out yet, but I rode a couple times at the equestrian center at the same facility as Freedom Ride when I live in Orlando for a couple months. It seemed like everything was done well at Freedom Ride and all the kids were having fun. I would definitely check it out if I were you! I would have kept going up there but I lived in Kissimmee and it was too far of a drive for me to get there.

Good luck with you search!
    Thanks for the response. I will definately be checking them out.