The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thanks Devoucoux!

I've read mixed things on this board about Devoucoux's customer service, so I thought I'd share my most recent encounter with them. I was impressed to say the least.

I have a 2004 Biarritz that I bought used from another girl in my barn a few years ago. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed it was squeaking suspiciously while I was riding, and started worrying the tree was cracked. The next morning I called the rep in my area, and she offers to come out that afternoon to take a look. She agrees after flexing the tree that it may be cracked, and after I assure her that I've never dropped, fallen on, or otherwise abused the saddle, she takes it with a promise to send it to the shop in New Jersey. She even leaves me with a loaner saddle (which is even newer than mine) to ride in meanwhile.
    Last week she calls me back and says that the shop opened up my saddle, and the tree is indeed cracked, and that I'm 5 months past the 5-year warranty on my tree. However, my fantastic rep told them I'm a college student (and therefore poor) and captain of my school's equestrian team (therefore will tell all my friends) and they agreed to fix it for free!!!!!
    My rep hand-delivered my saddle to my barn yesterday, and it is good as new and looks beautiful (they even cleaned it up for me).

Thank you Devoucoux!! I know many of you have stories of less-than-wonderful experiences with this company, but at least this time, they got it right.

What great customer service!!! Congrats to you and the company for doing the right thing!!!
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

You really got a bargain! I had the tree replaced on an 8-year-old Devoucoux and it cost $700. They did restuff the panels free of charge, however, and the saddle came back even better than when I had purchased it (used, the year before). As an aside, the saddle had obviously been used hard before I got it, and was typically used on multiple horses/day after I got it, so no complaints about the quality.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Add me onto the list of people who have had GREAT experiences with Devoucoux. I posted about mine elsewhere on the forums. Whatever issue went on in the past with customer service must have been resolved as they were great to deal with.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG