The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default spinoff human walk thrus for No climb fencing....

Obviously one to the outside of the pastures would maybe be a little self defeating, but what about putting one within a perimeter but between two fields. I'm thinking at the far end. Property looks like a big L, the long part being rather Fat, the house and barn being at the angle, One pasture is the short line, and the long line will eventually be two pastures split down long ways. Would a walk thru work where the deviding ling meets the perimeter fence? if so how would you do it?

.............l

is my idea of how
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

I don't understand why one to the outside is self defeating? I'd put a pass through whereever I wanted to get through the fence to somewhere else . . . there's a recent thread on pass throughs too, if you can find it.

Mine are a gap in the fence, with a post in the gap, set back about 12 - 18 inches. Here's a diagram, with the x's being posts.

_____________x
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . x___________________

To be extra secure, I also have boards across the top and bottom, (attached to the two left x's).

my point of using no climb is to fence dogs out... if I can get through a pass I'm guessing a dog could as well. which is why I'm not interested in putting one in my perimeter fence. The recent thread was (I thought) for board fence which is why I was asking if one could be done with NoClimb.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Sure you can, but it will be a pain. You will have to build braces on either side of your walk through.
    Personnaly, I would just put in gates instead of walk throughs. You can't get a tractor or a horse through a walk through.
    april
    Equine Retirement at
    www.StonyRidgeFarm.webs.com