The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone Use The Kedron Comfort Trail Irons or Reflex Wide Track Stirrups?

Kedron: http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/3099/KCT246

Reflex Wide Track Stirrups: http://www.vtosaddlery.com/Merchant2...ct_Code=CRWTSI

I have an old right ankle injury that, despite surgery, didn't heal quite normally. Consequently, by the time 45 minutes or more goes by, my right foot is numb. I have flexible stirrups already that help (crappy knees too), but am considering one of the above after seeing them recommended in the Disabled Horsemen's forum.

Anyone got 'em? Reviews? Thanks!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Thumbs up Reflex Wide Tracks

I have the reflex wide tracks. Just the pad swivels and flexs slightly so you have a more stable base for your foot than you would with a regular flex iron. I can't ride for more than 20 minutes in a normal fillis iron before feeling the pain but with these I can go much longer. They are light weight so may be hard to find if you loose a stirrup. Also I found there is a front (unless its my imagination). I always put them so that the logo is facing forward, the stirrup seems to work better that way. The price is great, at about $30.00 you can find them at a number of places.