The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Virginia Hunter & Sport Horse Fall Sale

Virginia Hunter & Sport Horse Fall Sale

As we work to distance our auctions from the perception that all American Auctions are dumping grounds, I thought it may be helpful for the doubters take a look at some of the horses and ponies that are entered in the October 31 auction at Morven Park.

[see banner ad at right of page]

A point to remember. The marketplace is a brutally efficient and unforgiving judge of horses and ponies.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 28, 2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar.
    Tim Jennings
    Flashpoint Bloodstock, LLC
    http://www.sporthorseauctions.com/

Default Auctions

Mr. Jennings,
    I think Professional Auctions is not a horse dumping grounds! I have been attending your auctions for sometime and I bought my daughter's horse 3 years ago from your auction.....I will definitely purchase again from you the next time I am in the market. As always, though, the buyer does need to be aware and learn as much as possible about the horse they are bidding on.....sometimes, through no fault of the auction, there are some horses who have some problems that aren't addressed upfront....of course, you can always get a vet exam, too.
    I have your catalog for the upcoming sale on the 31st and you seem to have some really nice horses up for auction.....how tempting!

Tim, if I were not putting on a horse trials on November 1, I would be at your auction (as I have been to so MANY of them!). The Jennings run the absolute best horse sales there are, yes, sometimes there are unscrupulous sellers but there are many things in place in the "guarantees" that Professional Auction Services makes to its buyers to protect the buyer from these types of sellers. I have had issues once or twice in the past both from a standpoint of buying and a standpoint of selling and the Jennings have more than gone out of their way to make sure everyone was satisfied! Once again, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PAS sales to anyone either looking to buy or sell!!

bought a pony from an auction of yours earlier in the year and she is amazing. she will be a confidence building division pony, she is just so great! i thank you for running thesse great sales you run

I'm somewhat torn between, "The LAST thing I need is to buy another horse" and "Holy crap. There are some nice horses in that sale!"
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

I will be there! Not buying anything but more of an enabler for my friend
    ~ Unexpected ~

Two years ago, I bought two TBs at the fall auction (one a gelding, one a mare). The mare is an AMAZING jumper (will be competing at Level 6 and 7 next year, with the possibility of going Grand Prix in the future), and the gelding is INCREDIBLE (will also be competing at Level 6 next year). Both are sound, sane, and well-tempered.
    Whoever said money can't buy happiness never owned a horse.

I think the marketing for this auction is fantastic. They are representing some really nice horses. Hope it goes really well.
    Last edited by Mamare; Oct. 26, 2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling

I hear "The LAST thing I need is to buy another horse" a lot more these days. The economics of the horse industry now make this the best buyers market we have seen in nearly 30 years. IF you can buy, you should.
    Tim
    Tim Jennings

Are there videos online of these horses for the out-of-towners?

The video links that were provided to us are on the Preview of Sale Horses page. http://professionalauction.com/09Vfall.htm
    Just select Preview of Sale Horses to see available photos and videos.
    Thanks
    Tim Jennings

Are you offering online bidding? I think it's important to point out that potential entries were turned away b/c they didn't represent the quality you all were looking for. This is the type of auction we need in this country!
    Last edited by buggs95; Oct. 26, 2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typo

Is there a list of outs & are there any supplemental entries?

(I still don't need another horse . . . )
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Either way... some of those horses sound REALLY nice!!!!!
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

There are 166 horses listed in the catalog--well that's what I guess the total number are since the last entry is 166--but--the flashing banner says 140 ponies and horses--which ones are out??
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

possible the web banner was made and then another 16 horses were added?

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 28, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Now promoting sale horses from North Carolina to the Netherlands. Follow us on Facebook.

The mare in my profile pic came from this auction a couple of years ago and I absolutely love her. She can be difficult at times, but she's really smart, put together nicely, has a nice jump, and is just flat out fun to ride.
    Last edited by see u at x; Oct. 27, 2009 at 02:34 PM.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Ponies are numbers 1-50 and the Premiere horses start with 61 and I'm guessing end at number 84 b/c it then skips to number 101. Maybe they were leaving extra numbers in there to possibly add entries?

Love these auctions! Have purchased 2 ponies in the last year from the Hunter auction. One was purchased for my daughter as a short stirrup pony that she could grow with into pony hunter. Lola has more than exceeded our expectations! The other was more for pleasure riding. The owners of both ponies were very open at the auction to our questions and we continue to update them on a regular basis. When she is ready for a horse, the Professional Auctions will be the first place we look!

But why did it need to be the same weekend as the maclay finals???? I'm in the market for a new horse but I'll be in Syracuse