The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default More SmartPak love

I ordered the Custom Apparel Winter Weight breeches ($139.95 I think) and was thrilled when I got them. Comfy, high quality, and they will be really warm I think -- it hasn't gotten quite cold enough for them yet. BUT, the website and catalog said they were machine washable, but the tag said that they were dry clean only. I was a little upset, since I really didn't want to have dry clean only schooling winter breeches. I figured I'd keep them and try to wash them anyway, but I wanted to let SmartPak know that there was an error.

I called them and they were very nice and apologetic and gave me $5 for my trouble. I told the lady that I would probably try and wash them anyway.

Imagine my surprise when they called and left a message a few days later. They called the company and the breeches were mislabled and they thanked me for bringing the issue to their attention. And the best thing was that someone remembered that I had said that I was going to try to wash them anyway.

So anyway, I was going to recommend them, but then I wasn't going to because of the dry cleaning thing, but now I'll recommend them again! And the free shipping code worked again, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

Great story, but not surprising at all! Smartpak is just a great company, and really go above and beyond for their customers on a routine basis. They're just great, period!
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

Smartpak has the best customer service. They are always so helpful and genuinely nice. The first time i really spoke to them was when they sent me the wrong item. I called them and let them know and they sent me the right thing, gave me a discount on it and payed for the shipping to return the wrong one. They really went above and beyond to make me happy. When this happened I was like fifteen and used to being treated like an idiot because I was young. It was such a relief to be treated nicely!
    Previously eventer15

Quote Originally Posted by ExJumper View Post
    I
    Imagine my surprise when they called and left a message a few days later. They called the company and the breeches were mislabled
    SmartPak is wonderful. To clarify - the breeches are mislabeled....so they are machine washable?

I am ordering new Smart Slims on Monday (better waistband and legband than the originals) and trying to restrain myself from buying zillions of $$$s of the holiday gifts they have in the new catalog. LOVE them.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I saw their personalized stuff - frames, boxes (I did get a box for Secret Santa one year!), mousepads etc.

Really. I cannot decorate my entire house in "Seasons of Ted." As much as I may want to. But their stuff is lovely.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

I absolutely love SmartPak. When I first put Vinnie on their supplements, I got a voicemail a few days later, since I had ordered online...they just wanted to know more about my horse so they can assist us better in the future, wanted to get to know us better. Never have heard of Dover doing that!
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

I adore SmartPak. Everyone is so helpful and nice. I have never had a snooty person in my many orders I have placed with SmartPak. I own a super picky eater and they are so willing to send me samples of supplements before I buy them. I just love SmartPak.
    Beth

More love for SmartPak here! Stuff that I order from them ALWAYS arrives on time, unlike with that other catalog.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Yep, I love SmartPak. Not only do they go above and beyond on the rare occasion they screw up an order, they've gone out of their way to make things right when *I* screwed up the order.

Love 'em.

I hope they continue to be as awesome as ever, because I have to do my first return with them... ordered an anatomical girth that appears to be a couple inches shorter than a normal girth in the same size... so I'll have to go a size larger... but I am so relieved to have gone with SmartPak, because I'm sure I can trust them for returns. (:

Aww wish I could order from them!!!! They really need to start shipping to canada they would gain sooo many customers!!!! I mean If they can ship to alaska really we are inbetween...
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by asb_own_me View Post
    SmartPak is wonderful. To clarify - the breeches are mislabeled....so they are machine washable?
    Yup, they said that they ARE machine washable

I love smartpak!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community.

The gift catalog is the best this year. So excited! I actually found one thing that my DD will love completely. She never wants or asks for anything...seriously. I have an alien for a teenage daughter

I can't say what it is because she reads COTH daily
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Default They have always been good to me.....

But I just called them this morning about half chaps I ordered that had the size on the chaps themselves scribbled over with pen and a handwritten size. They don't fit, they're huge! So someone did something silly somewhere.

I have to pay to ship the darn things back and they aren't charging me to ship the proper size but this is my second try with these stupid things and I was really hoping they would pay for faster shipping. And for shipping the handwritten size pair back. My current pair are literally shredding to bits.

They have always been better than good so I'm a little disappointed in how this is being handled. I already had to ship one pair back on my dime because the sizing on this pair doesn't match the sizing of the same brand/different style and they were too big, too.

I don't feel so bad about always using the free shipping code now.
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Quote Originally Posted by equineartworks View Post
    The gift catalog is the best this year.
    Agreed. I have one thing picked out that I NEED to get - the Tempi Watch with Rubber Watch Band on page 10. Merry Christmas to me

Question: is everything in the catalog on the website? I need to do gifties for the littles that take lessons here (only two, one little girl and one wee boy) but I much prefer the website rather than hunting through the catalog.

I do love Smartpak and try to buy things from them. Hoping that the Mountain horse winter breeches will go on sale soon and I will SNAP them up!

Saint's Partner Guest

Talking Another fan

I needed leg boots for my boy, couldn't quite decide on size. Called SmartPak on a Saturday - the girl in customer service took my phone number, went down to the warehouse, measured the boots in question and called me back within 10 minutes. If only car dealerships offered that kind of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    I am ordering new Smart Slims on Monday (better waistband and legband than the originals) and trying to restrain myself from buying zillions of $$$s of the holiday gifts they have in the new catalog. LOVE them.
    Oh goodie! I need a new pair too!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Bumping this up because SP Rules!

I've been so wanting to get Mr. C'mare and I some custom outerwear for a while but just didn't like anything else I saw out there or, if I did, ordering it was a PAIN. Not with SmartPak.

Behold: http://family.webshots.com/album/575519659KuCTKb

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."