The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need input on fit of 5-way breastplate

Well, like everything that I swear I will never use, I have bought the 5-way because the hunting b'plate ain't doing it for us when wonderboy makes a few of his now patented flying leaps over fences.

I ordered cob size because he has everything else cob, but I'm not comfortable with the fit of this...it is very snug and near/on the last hole everywhere, but because it has those elastic things I'm wondering if it's meant to be quite form-fitting. I always leave some breathing room in the hunting b'plate, so this seems foreign to me. The piece from the chest to the girth would have to be really tight, otherwise the ring at the chest might push up into his neck.

Ugh. I'm not good with new technology. Welcoming your ideas. As in, if you use one does it sound to you like I need to go up to horse size?

Really at the center piece of the breastplate you should be able to put a fist between the horse and the tack, and the piece on above the withers (cant think of the anem of the piece) you should be able to stick 4 fingers. It sounds like everything else is really tight too so I would order the next size up.

Thanks, I did. I didn't think it would seriously stretch enough to really fit!