The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Signature Sporthorses ~ Anyone deal with them?

I was wondering about Signature Sporthorses????
    http://p2.hostingprod.com/@signaturesporthorses.com

I loved a colt they bred in 2008 named Dresden and actually inquired about him. I was afraid he would not be big enough for me. Besides if memory serves me correct... someone had purchased him in utero and either changed their mind or was having trouble coming up with the money...made me alittle nervous. Needless to say I found another colt.
    However, I have a friend who is having a tough time with them. What are some other experiences with this neighbor/partner team?

They had a lovely foal at Warrenton this year.
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

Jennifer and Jessica have great reputations for being honest and knowledgable breeders. I have always found their posts on the different BB's as very informative.
    They sure have bred some amazing horses.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    I was wondering about Signature Sporthorses????
    http://p2.hostingprod.com/@signaturesporthorses.com

I loved a colt they bred in 2008 named Dresden and actually inquired about him. I was afraid he would not be big enough for me. Besides if memory serves me correct... someone had purchased him in utero and either changed their mind or was having trouble coming up with the money...made me alittle nervous. Needless to say I found another colt.
    However, I have a friend who is having a tough time with them. What are some other experiences with this neighbor/partner team?

They had a lovely foal at Warrenton this year.

What Genevieve said. I've never heard a bad word about them, only positive comments & they certainly do breed lovely horses.

I've admired their program for a long time. They are wonderful horsewomen and very well respected.
    www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

As my Mother has always said, "if you don't have anything good to say" and I'm afraid my information tells me otherwise. These things have a way of making themselves known so I need not add any further comments. Suffice it to say "do your homework."

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Last edited by 3Dogs; Oct. 24, 2009 at 05:07 AM.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

The horse world is such a small small place. Dance on the head of a pin. Doing the right thing far outweighs a "business" decision. Things have a wonderful way of coming full circle. When a horse becomes a commodity, true colours shine through.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    The horse world is such a small small place. Dance on the head of a pin. Doing the right thing far outweighs a "business" decision. Things have a wonderful way of coming full circle. When a horse becomes a commodity, true colours shine through.

Your talking to a group of people who just last week said they run their breeding operation like a business. What's wrong with people making money, last time I checked this was a democracy. Is it different in Canada?

No, there are questionable people in Canada as well but I don't believe that's the issue here. By the way, it is you're as in you are and not your. Always an annoyance.

This summer I tried to call them. Don't you hate it when people don't return your calls?

My dealings with them have been extremely pleasant. They have been very easy to work with, and I know them to be very nice, caring horsewomen! (to people and to the horses!!)
    So sorry to hear of your troubles.....hope it works out for everyone!!!
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

I've met them and they are practically my neighbors...live maybe 10 miles away. Both Jennifer and Jessica have been nothing but friendly to me and have generously offered help in the past when I've had sick or injured horses. I have no idea what your problem is with them but I can't think of a nastier snarkier way of dealing with it than posting a thread like this.

Daydream Believer, this is about morals and ethics. Two attributes in short suppy. A question was asked, opinions were sought. These are being provided.

Since you are referring to one half of me a I will respond. My partner and I are usually very quiet and do not like to get involved in drama but I refuse to have our business smeared by known troublemakers on a public board.

Yes we own a horse that Deb Day (3dogs) once owned . We bought her from a good friend of ours that bought the horse when 3dogs owned her.

We offered to allow 3dogs to buy her back at what we deemed a reasonable price and much less then she sold her to our friend for. She was not for sale as we do not normally sell any of our broodmares. In fact we have only ever had 2 leave us (other then passing away in retirement) one went to a fantastic riding home and the other is now with a good friend and may come back to us eventually.

3dogs has emailed us " I will pursue legal action against ____, and then you for recovery of the mare. I really don’t think you wish that for ___, do you? From what I am told, she has been quite ill."

She has threatened this if we do not reveal to her our business transaction with the seller, which we will not do during this transaction nor ANY other transaction. What I can only guess is what 3dogs wants is the mare back for free.

And Mamare I am sorry if a call was not returned, somehow we must have missed your voicemail as we certainly feel that customer service is one of the most important aspects of this business.

monami, to which half do you refer? I can only surmise. There are pertinent points to this story which are not being mentioned.

Im sad to see this being smeared around a public BB for the use of malicious reasons.
    I hope the two of you can work it out.
    I know enough of the horse world never to judge anyone based on half sense of internet postings. There is always one person story, the other persons story and then there is the truth of it all.
    Good luck to everyone involved on finding some middle ground.
    www.spindletopfarm.net
    Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion
    "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"

Quote Originally Posted by STF View Post
    Im sad to see this being smeared around a public BB for the use of malicious reasons.
    I hope the two of you can work it out.
    I know enough of the horse world never to judge anyone based on half sense of internet postings. There is always one person story, the other persons story and then there is the truth of it all.
    Good luck to everyone involved on finding some middle ground.
    Very well said. I hope that a resolution is reached and I feel sorry for all parties involved. It is a tough situation.

What a horrible thread.

I have a strong dislike of seeing people smeared on a public forum. FWIW, I think it is just wrong.

And I know NONE of the parties involved personally.
    Family Partners Welsh Ponies - Home of Section B Welsh stallion *Wedderlie Mardi Gras LOM/AOE http://www.welshponies.com
    Click here to buy: A Guide To In Hand Showing of Your Welsh Pony

I agree RAGP. A horrible thread by a previously banned poster. Surprise, surprise.

I would agree this would be better discussed and solved in another arena. I don't know either side of the story, but I hope both parties can decide on an outcome that is fair and amicable.