The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone here have offspring by Arch?

I recently took on a 6 yr old gelding from the track and I'm rehabbing him slowly through a suspensory branch injury. He's doing well, and I think besides still being quite reactive at times; he's nice natured and wants to do right. He's a big fella at 16.3 but is built like a tank and I think I'll ride him western. Anyone else have Arch offspring? Post-racing careers?

If you look at my blog we had one that is currently in the CANTER owned program. Lovely animal that is just so smart and willing to please. He has a huge personality but seems like the type that would do anything you asked of him. He is also a big guy at 16.1 as a 4 yr with a big shoulder and nice hind end. Does your guy have a really pretty head? Archie Boy seems to have the classic TB head and I find him so attractive. I can actually picture our horse being western as well. He has the laid back temperament and is so comfortable. He loved heading off the farm and always just took everything in stride. Never running around just acting like he owns the joint Do you have any pictures?

As a matter of fact - I've got a whole schwack of them! I'll try to figure out how to post a link (sticks tongue out of corner of mouth, concentrating...)
    http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n..._album/Archie/

...towards the end of that album I think there's a few with his fly mask off.

Since August when he first arrived; he's really "let his hair down" and has become more relaxed and is more like the young horse he should be. His legs say that he's worked pretty hard but I've seen worse; and I'm in no rush to getting him packin' me around. We'll take our time on the ground and keep it enjoyable; and I've got another OTTB that's 17.1 with an old hock fracture that I've done the same with and he's coming along well too. We've got the rest of our lives to enjoy each other's company.

Lovely boy. Excellent attitude for these lucky boys you have, Cayuse

Ironically, shortly after I read your post, a Arch baby (Gateway West) won the 2nd race at Suffolk, so I took a walk to the spit box to take a look. What a gorgeous horse!! Not real big, maybe 15.3 possibly 16 hands. Dark bay with an almost perfect circle on his forehead. Very classic tb look. It was a great win as his trainer just passed away 2 days ago from Cancer and the race was in memory in her.