The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage type show mare, 1/2 arab, triple-registered in N Florida

I have a triple-registered (1/2 arab, 1/2 saddlebred, National Showhorse) mare available for giveaway to the right home. She was born in 1995 and I have owned her since she was six. She has lifetime USEF and USDF numbers and is microchipped.

Holly is 15.2 hh, bright bay with RH stocking and star. She has shown successfully through 1st level dressage. She is sound, no medical issues, no real vices. She does pace the fenceline right before feeding time and does not like other horses "in her face" right outside her stall but other than those no other "vices". She does turn out fine with other horses. She has had one foal and that foal is now 4 and I still own her.

She loads, clips without sedation, and loves to be groomed. She is currently barefoot and has excellent feet (my farrier loves her feet). She has been shoed in the past when she was a boarding facility and we were showing and using her alot but has been barefoot for the last 3-4 years now.

My girls are no longer riding her because they have NO interest in dressage and Holly has been basically a pasture ornament for the past 3-4 years. She is just too nice to be stuck in my pastures without a job -- she is the only dressage type horse we have and my girls have plenty of others to ride so they have no interest in her. I had her listed for sale but I really do not want to lower her price to point that I would be "dumping her" and I don't want to send her to a trainer to put the work back on her to justify a higher price. I want her to go to a good home who would appreciate her so I am offering her free to an approved home. I really would like to see her go to someone who would put her back into the dressage ring showing.

She is suitable for dressage and trail riding. She is not suitable for hunter-jumper because she HATES it not because of any soundness issues. She like dressage and pleasure riding. She will require some work and attention to get her back into shape (ie.riding and showing) as she simply has not been doing anything but "beautifying" my pastures for the last several years. She is a beautiful, striking mare and anyone who sees her comments on how lovely she is. When she was being shown, judges always comment how lovely her movement is -- she is very lovely presented under saddle.

Please visit this link for pictures and if you are interested in her please PM me.
    http://www.seafireforsale.com/index.php?p=5_3

Holly is located near St. Augustine, Florida.

I'm not looking for another dressage horse, but I looked at Holly's page because she's half ASB. She really is lovely! Someone is going to get quite a nice horse I had a show pleasure gelding by Forty Second Street ERB, and he was fabulous. Very kind and had a good work ethic. Someone could have a LOT of fun with this mare!

You might also want to list her on extendedtrot.com (the classified site for trot.org, a Saddlebred BB) and on Modern-Saddlebred.com You can place free ads on both of those sites, and you will have a lot of ASB folks looking. More and more people are getting interested in ASBs and ASB crosses for dressage.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by asb_own_me View Post
    I'm not looking for another dressage horse, but I looked at Holly's page because she's half ASB. She really is lovely! Someone is going to get quite a nice horse I had a show pleasure gelding by Forty Second Street ERB, and he was fabulous. Very kind and had a good work ethic. Someone could have a LOT of fun with this mare!

You might also want to list her on extendedtrot.com (the classified site for trot.org, a Saddlebred BB) and on Modern-Saddlebred.com You can place free ads on both of those sites, and you will have a lot of ASB folks looking. More and more people are getting interested in ASBs and ASB crosses for dressage.

Good luck!
    Thank so much for the info. She really is a very nice horse and the only reason I am listing her for free is to try and make sure she goes to a good home. With the economy the way it is, I would need to put her back into work in order to ask the price that would insure a good "sale" for her. Sooo I would rather give her away to a good home. She can stay with me until she does get a good home.

Bumping up.

I am new to the forum, I will PM for more information.

Holly is still available.
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

I have known the poster MsDejaVu for several years, she puts most of us horsey owners to shame. Please feel free to ask her long time Vet, farrier and other boarders about her commitment to her animals.... If you want a fabulous forever home for your mare, she would be it!

I have sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbelle View Post
    I have known the poster MsDejaVu for several years, she puts most of us horsey owners to shame. Please feel free to ask her long time Vet, farrier and other boarders about her commitment to her animals.... If you want a fabulous forever home for your mare, she would be it!
    Thanks for the reference.
    Website
    and Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Horse View Post
    I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks, PM'd you back.
    Website
    and Facebook page

Default Holly

Is Holly still available?

Tecorle1 Guest

I live outside of Griffin, GA and am starting a riding program for underprivileged youth. If you think Holly might be a good prospect for our program, I'd like to come see her. I am working with a trainer who has worked in a youth rehabilitation program previously and this program is our dream for my farm. Please contact me to let me know what you think. Thank you.

Default No longer available.

Thank you for all the interest, PM's and phone calls. Holly has a wonderful new home.
    Website
    and Facebook page