The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default New Jumping Style?

I pirated this from another BB...public video from competition.
    I...erm...am not sure what to think.
    To be positive:
    Helluva patient horse
    Rider very adept at picking up their irons. Repeatedly.
    Hilarious choice of song.
    Appreciate the videographer doing slo-mo replays because in real time it's hard to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMiCyoRzYM
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Poor baby! What a saint!

Guess we can at least be comforted by the fact that there's no way that guy is going to be able to have kids after that ride so hopefully the pattern ends with him.

well, at least you don't have to worry about him having any kids to follow his style. with as many times as he made contact with that pommel, he might as well be a eunuch.

At least we don't have to worry about him having children. He must be infertile after that ride. Scary!!

"Holy crotch protector, Batman!!!"... "Blech my codpiece, Robin!!!!!"

Yowzers......poor pony! And, then he hits him when he stops.....too bad he didn't dump him on his a.s.s!!!

Can somebody translate what it said at the end? Was it something sarcastic (hopefully)???
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

ugh, I don't even have to watch to know what video your talking about. Scratch that, I refuse to watch it again.
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Over 120 quality hunters, jumpers, ponies & equitation sale horses worldwide, follow us on Facebook.

I'd buy that horse. Horse is super forgiving. Can't get over he still jumped as well as he did with I guess I have to say rider. I bet that horse has such a sore back.

Does anyone think it is a joke of some sort? If he truly had no skills, he would not stay on with catching that much air time over every fence. He always comes down with his legs on either side of the horse. He also somewhat sees where he wants to leave. I can't imagine what he is trying to prove, but it must be some sort of imitation of someone else or a joke...

don't quote me on this, but according to one of the comments on the video it says: "We guarantee you that the horse only had a slight back pain, and the next day was in good conditions to jump again."

There must be some story to it or something, is it even possible for someone to ride that badly I surely hope not that was just painful to watch, the poor horse.
    Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson.

I don't think any of us would see any humor in that. The English and French are all over that thing complaining about who a douche this guy is. Poor horse. I agree he'll never have kids. But obviously he has balls because he entered the class to begin with.

Whose sig line says something about Darwnism and it eventually kicking in? Poor horse. That horse should be sainted. When he crops him, I stopped watching. Hideous. Just hideous.

It says on the comments that this is a competition where polo riders switch with jumper riders, which would explain why he can stay on at least.

Weird. It looks like he was actually trying to jump off the saddle while the horse jumped by swinging his legs back and then up. This has to be some sort of joke or imitation. I feel like most good riders would have a hard time trying to replicate that and not falling off, so this guy has to have some skill. I wish we knew the background on this, because this guy clearly knows how to ride a bit (or he'd have been off very quickly after one of these clownish jumps) and is doing this freaky exaggeration for some reason... This is especially apparent in the slo-mo. There was some mention in the comments that it was maybe a jumper rider/polo rider switch off competition thingie? I only saw that in one comment though, so I have no idea, and I can't imagine the reason behind this horrible display is that he's a polo rider, haha.

Ditto the wanting that horse sentiment. If he puts up with that and still jumps like a champ, I'd looove him as a schoolie, haha. And yes, this man had to have had some ouchy man parts afterwards - serves him right, haha.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I would sure buy that pony in the blink of an eye. What an awesome packer he is! so kind & forgiving, and such an honest soul.

I'm sorry, but if I switched off my horse with another rider and he rode like that I'd be in the middle of the course yanking his ass off my horse and beating the crap of him. Especially when he beat that poor horse with the crop for trying to save his own skin.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I'm sorry, but if I switched off my horse with another rider and he rode like that I'd be in the middle of the course yanking his ass off my horse and beating the crap of him. Especially when he beat that poor horse with the crop for trying to save his own skin.
    I love it - I can just imagine an indignant owner stomping out on course. I agree 100% . LOL.

I think that horse is officially a saint. I definitely feel bad for the horse, since it had to be ridden so poorly, but I admit, every time the slow-motion parts came on, I was snorting and laughing out loud.

You can tell the guy has some riding skill but not over fences, that's for sure (Although he could see a distance better than a lot of people). I was impressed with his ability to stay on and to see a distance (or maybe he just wasn't afraid to go forward so the distances worked out)...but appalled that he was allowed to do it to begin with.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

I don't think it's as much that he could see a distance as he couldn't see any distance good or bad so the horse was on his own. It's only when I second guess myself that I have trouble seeing a distance. Obviously he really isn't thinking that hard about it.

Holy packer Batman!
    I want that horse for my kid!

Well, you have to admit he can stay in the middle of his horse. Three feet above maybe, but still in the middle....
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.