The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Stargate auction?

It was mentioned in another thread that Stargates horses are coming up for auction.Does anyone know where there is any information about the horses offered for sale?Ive googled with no luck.Im also trying to find a video of Bergamon and trying to find out what level dressage he is trained to and whether or not he has competed.Thanks for your help.

Here is a link to the website about the auction. The sale is November 21st. I don't think they have a catalog yet. http://www.professionalauction.com/09stargate.htm

Bergamon was in the USDF symposium a few years back. Ernst Hoyos worked him in hand and thought he had a tremendous gift for piaffe. I suggest contacting Roslyn at Stargate for more information about the stallion's training and show record.

Here is a short video clip of Bergamon.

http://www.horse-flirt.de/video/mov1367.m1v

He is a wonderful stallion.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Bergamon will be auctioned off I guess Ahhhh If I only had the $$. I am not a breeder I would just pet him and feed him treats

Default Stargate auction

Stargate brought some horses to the Professional Auc Service Summer Sporthorse Sale in Lexington, VA. I went to spectate not really expecting anything to go in my price range. Some very nice broodmares in foal to Stargate stallions went for under $5. If I had gone prepared I would have bought one of them for sure. I have been sorry about the missed opportunity ever since. I would expect to find some bargains at the sale in November. Alas, too far for me to go...

Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Those look like two different auctions held in two different places in Texas.

Too bad, it might split the market if people can't go to both on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by myhorsehannah View Post
    Stargate brought some horses to the Professional Auc Service Summer Sporthorse Sale in Lexington, VA. I went to spectate not really expecting anything to go in my price range. Some very nice broodmares in foal to Stargate stallions went for under $5. If I had gone prepared I would have bought one of them for sure. I have been sorry about the missed opportunity ever since. I would expect to find some bargains at the sale in November. Alas, too far for me to go...
    under 5000.00 for mares in foal. wow.
    who owned stargate?

Can anyone tell me how far Stargate is from Austin TX? I'll be in Austin next week, am wondering if it's worth it to go have a look at their horses and then bid over the phone during the auction. I am looking for a good broodmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    Can anyone tell me how far Stargate is from Austin TX? I'll be in Austin next week, am wondering if it's worth it to go have a look at their horses and then bid over the phone during the auction. I am looking for a good broodmare.
    That will be close to a 4 hour drive. Stargate is on the north side of Dallas.

i think it would be a 3.5 or 4 hr drive depending on traffic.

You're looking at about 4 solid hours Austin to Dallas. (Used to live in Austin, now live in Dallas)

It's an easy 4 though- just get on 35 and set the cruise button.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

I do plan to go up for the auction. If there is something in particular you are interested in, I would be willing to act as agent to place bids for you. Contact me privately.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

The other auction mentioned is in Weatherford at October Hill on the same day. This is actually an excellent opportunity for buyers...as the Stargate auction is being held in the morning and is limited to 40 horses and the Candy Store auction starts at 2 pm and is open to 100 horses. The two facilities (two of the nicest in Texas) are approximately one hour apart. So, the opportunity to see 140 top notch horses in one day. Not something that happens in this country very often!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

The Candy Store Auction will likely be a better venue for finding nicer horses. They're setting it up very much like a big German auction in Verden. Booze, VIP tables, etc. Can't wait to see the horses in it.

So, is anyone else going? My friend and I are going to attend to see Stargate one more time and we've never been to a sport horse auction before. They moved the time so it is not starting until 6pm. We are window shoppers not buyers, so planning to arrive 4:30-5:00pm? I have no idea what to expect, how it will be set-up, etc., etc. Any tips? I'm very excited! Got the book in the mail on Monday and will definitely be picking out my "in case I win the lottery Friday" horses!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    I do plan to go up for the auction. If there is something in particular you are interested in, I would be willing to act as agent to place bids for you. Contact me privately.
    if you're going anyway, just go ahead and buy Bergamon Rebecca
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Quote Originally Posted by SGray View Post
    if you're going anyway, just go ahead and buy Bergamon Rebecca
    I've actually been considering it, but I really don't want to get back into standing stallions. I just hope he goes to a good home where they'll market him and not let him just sort of disappear.

But if you guys want to get a consortium together to buy him, we can do that and then stand him with Kathy St. Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post

But if you guys want to get a consortium together to buy him, we can do that and then stand him with Kathy St. Martin!
    Actually, that is a cool idea. I wouldn't mind producing another Bugatti!

anyone asked what the reserve price is?
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”