The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile SUNDAY-rain date-Chester Co, PA-New Garden Rescue Day, horse rescues & Nokota horses

Celebrate local rescues and meet adoptable animals at this
    Community Event!
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 -RAINED OUT
    10:00 am to 2:00 pm
    New Garden Township Park
    *Rain date: October 25, 2009 WE ARE NOW ON SUNDAY*

* See presentations from local rescues!
    * See herding, obedience and agility demonstrations!
    * See a presentation by a local veterinarian regarding general pet health!
    * Bring your own dog for the contests (starting at 1:00 pm) – smallest dog, biggest dog, best kisser, cutest costume, and a pet parade!
    All dogs must be leashed (no retractable leashes) and up to date with vaccinations. All waste must be properly disposed in designated receptacle. Water will be provided throughout the event.

Hosted by New Garden Township Parks & Recreation with the support of area Boy and Girl Scout Troops, and local businesses. Other participating rescues include: Underground Dog Rescue, Adorable Adoptables, CompAnimals, Nokota Horse Conservancy, Delaware Valley Pug Rescue, First State Greyhound Rescue, Lost & Found Dog Rescue, Castaway Cats, MidAtlantic Great Dane Rescue League, A Buddy for Life, Chenoa Manor, Spanky’s Project Education and Rescue for Canines, and more…

For more information or to register for the event please see the township website at www.newgarden.org or email newgardenrescueday@gmail.com
    Last edited by Susan P; Oct. 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM.

http://www.newgarden.org/NGTfinaloct_5.doc

Here is the link to the flyer, feel free to post it and pass it around. It's going to be a great day in the park, south east Chester County, PA in New Garden township.

If it rains Saturday, it will take place on Sunday. I hope local COTHers will stop by and say hello.

gotta bump again and I hope someone local sees this, it's going to be a great even, please pray for clear skies.

It's overcast here today and it does look like rain is coming our way, maybe tomorrow. That would postpone the plans and be on the raindate. Weather dictates, we shall see tonight what the decision is for this rescue day event.

I'll post the decision tonight when I get the update.

Default Article in Hockessin, DE paper

Dogs to have their day in New Garden Township

By Adam Zewe
    Community News
    Posted Oct 21, 2009 @ 09:10 AM

New Garden Township, Pa. —
    The dog days of summer may be long over, but New Garden Rescue Day is a festival designed just for man’s four-legged friends.
    The point of the community festival is to showcase local animal rescue organizations and groups run the gambit from Adorable Adoptables, which finds homes for puppies rescued from mills, to the Nokota Horse Conservancy, dedicated to supporting a formerly wild herd of historic horses, said event chair Suzanne Geouque.
    “We wanted to celebrate the important work that is being done by local animal rescue organizations,” said Geouque.
    Event organizers have teamed up with more than 20 animal rescue organizations, as well as New Garden Township Parks and Recreation, businesses and Scout troops and Geouque hopes to make rescue day an annual event.

New Garden Rescue Day
    Oct. 24, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
    New Garden Township Park
    Near the intersection of Route 41 and Newark Road in Avondale, Pa.
    Rain date is Oct. 25

The highlight for many proud pet owners will be the dog contests, which pit canines against one another for the coveted awards of smallest dog, biggest dog, best costume and best kisser. A pet parade will also let owners show off their pets. All dogs can participate if they have up-to-date vaccinations and are leashed on non-retractable leashes.
    Aside from competitions, the event will feature a herding demonstration, a canine security demonstration, a free basic obedience class and presentations about general pet health.
    No animals will be available for adoption during the festival, but visitors can meet pets that are in need of new homes and gather information from rescue organizations.
    Refreshments will be available for four-legged as well as two-legged visitors.
    For more information, visit www.newgarden.org or e-mail newgardenrescueday@gmail.com

Default SUNDAY

WE ARE NOW DEFINITELY A SUNDAY EVENT, SATURDAY IS EXPECTED TO BE A WASH OUT. HOPE TO SEE YOU SUNDAY IF YOU CAN COME.

If anyone local sees this and comes to the rescue day please be sure to say hello. I'll be speaking at 10 AM for Forgotten Cats and Hilary will have 2 Nokota horses, the only horses coming. CANTER will be there and other horse rescues as well as other small animals rescues.

probably my last bump, for sure last bump tonight anyway

If anyone was there from COTH please stand up and be counted. It was a gorgeous day in the park and so much fun. Our 2 Nokota horses were perfectly mannered and I was only planning to speak for Forgotten Cats but they made me also speak for the Nokota horses too but I was smart and soon handed the mike off to Hilary who introduced Dorrie who owns Mickey Blue Eyes who performed a few tricks. Just a lovely, lovely day in the park with rescues lining the walkway lot's of dogs and 2 Nokota horses. No pressure, just fun and friendly, very refreshing.