The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are you waiting on??

The weather is MISERABLE and we can't ride so I am sitting here on COTH waiting for the UPS guy to arrive, he is bringing :

one weatherbeeta sheet that my Dd and her friends can decorate at her pony birthday party in two weeks for our small pony
    http://www.justforponies.com/weather...tesheet-1.aspx

one weatherbeeta medium weight blanket for our small pony
    http://www.justforponies.com/weather...umturnout.aspx

two pair of fleece lined schooling tights for the girls for winter
    http://www.justforponies.com/tuffrid...ecepullon.aspx
    and

ONE BEVAL JR saddle for DD's birthday, I am supposed to wrap and hide this for her to open when her dad gets home, but I am sooooooo bad at surprises!!

Anyone else waiting for deliveries???
    Kim
    If you are lucky enough to ride, you are lucky enough.

I'm waiting on a new Centaur Irish Knit sheet that I ordered, and am bummed, because when I first saw these earlier in the summer I almost ordered one in the ice pink color. I ended up not getting it because it wasn't something I felt like I really needed at the time. Then, as I was looking at them again this week (so that I can get one for a show next weekend), I saw that several places online showed a TURQUOISE color listed! I was disappointed because I would have sucked it up and ordered the turquoise color months ago if they would have offered it. (It would have looked SO good on my redheaded mare!) Now, every place I look is sold out of the turquoise in a size 78 and I've had to settle for a different color.

Non horse related, I'm also waiting on my new winter coat that I ordered from Eddie Bauer. (fingers crossed that it fits)
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

A used County Stabilizer that I found through a very nice COTHer Should arrive on Monday.
    https://www.facebook.com/HunterHillFarmIowa

Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Boy View Post
    A used County Stabilizer that I found through a very nice COTHer Should arrive on Monday.
    EEK!! that sounds like a ton of fun!!! Hope it gets there EARLY on MOnday so you can go ride in it LOL!!!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I'm waiting on a new Centaur Irish Knit sheet that I ordered, and am bummed, because when I first saw these earlier in the summer I almost ordered one in the ice pink color. I ended up not getting it because it wasn't something I felt like I really needed at the time. Then, as I was looking at them again this week (so that I can get one for a show next weekend), I saw that several places online showed a TURQUOISE color listed! I was disappointed because I would have sucked it up and ordered the turquoise color months ago if they would have offered it. (It would have looked SO good on my redheaded mare!) Now, every place I look is sold out of the turquoise in a size 78 and I've had to settle for a different color.

Non horse related, I'm also waiting on my new winter coat that I ordered from Eddie Bauer. (fingers crossed that it fits)
    I did the same thing with the sheet I ordered, I found it on another site for almost $40 less and decided to wait , when I went to order they were out of it in the size I needed and I had PROMISED DD one for her party, so I ended up paying about $35 more for it!!! where is the BANGHEAD smiley when you need it????
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Boy View Post
    You're so lucky!!! That's on my Christmas Wish List!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

UGH I am now waiting on two fleece sheets from Tack of the Day, the weather really needs to get nice to I can get away from the darn computer!!!
    Kim

Nothing too exciting, but I still can't wait - new breeches in smoke blue, and my own crop (also blue!) so I don't always have to hunt for one at lesson time.

A JOB! Been unemployed for a bit and can't get another horse until I have a job and rebuild the emergency funds....
    Bridal Sweet 05/28/1983 to 01/23/2008

UPS has been to my house twice.. and I wasn't home.. so my poor delivery man is probably cursing me with big boxes full of blankets.

Waiting on:
    Gatsby HW Turnout 78" Hunter w/ Navy Trim
    Weathabeeta HW Turnout 78" Sky Blue w/ Navy trim
    Baker stable sheet
    Baker cooler
    Shipping boots

Spoiled rotten horse!
    Zippos Kryptonite (Reno) 05' AQHA
    Little Miss Understood (Indy) 01' Appaloosa
    The Unturned Stone (Chase) 11' AQHA
    ~ Rescue Mom to: Hope, Ciara, Charlotte, Ace, Knox

I have been soo good lately in not purchasing absolutely unneccessary items, but you all are making me jealous and giving me the itch to do some internet shopping. Darn enablers!

Quote Originally Posted by heatherny2 View Post
    I have been soo good lately in not purchasing absolutely unneccessary items, but you all are making me jealous and giving me the itch to do some internet shopping. Darn enablers!
    DON'T do it, I have been sitting here all day waiting for the UPS guy, EVERY other day that man arrives at 10am , where is he TODAY???? The rain has stopped for a bit ( should hold off until around 7pm) and I could try the new saddle on the pony and let DD get a few trips around the ring in it!!!! I can't BELIEVE he has not arrived yet! I also wanted to put Lizzy's new blanket on her, all she has now is a sheet and its really cold and miserable out she would like her new blanket for tonight!!! Our ponies live out to winter clothes are important I just never thought I would need them on the 16 of OCTOBER!!!
    Kim

Tack sponges with my SmartPaks, and something else on clearance I added to the order... can't remember now what it was so it'll be a surprise. (;

When I get home I have to order a new girth and possibly a winter jacket, because it is darn cold out. So that'll be something fun to wait for now too.

waiting on my bf's birthday present.. which is a new ATV helmet that matches his machine since custom cowboy boots were wayyyy too expensive to get him this year!

and possibly sometime in the near future if i find a good enough deal a bridle will be coming my way.. because i'm showing my fave schoolie next month and there is no way my little hunter princess self can bear to show him in his cracking icky schoolie bridle. even if it is the jumpers.

A new turnout sheet (like I need another) and a horsie cellphone holder, whee!! Can't wait!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Well, better weather somewhat today but looking at 3 days of more rain, sleet and possible snow showers after today.
    And I'm waiting on 2 small hole hay nets from Smith Bros...that I ordered 10 days ago. Seriously could use them with the icy cold rainy days all in a row...gives the horses something to do when inside. I think I'll give them a call today and see where the heck they are.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I'm on the opposite track... just sent back a dressage saddle I had on trial. I loved it, price was awesome, Rico hated it.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Wow. I'm only waiting on two phone calls and some data. Boring!

No shopping for me. In fact I cleaned my trunk yesterday and took another load of stuff to the consignment tack shop.

Default Saddle and blankets came and I am THRILLED!!

Quote Originally Posted by twofatponies View Post
    Wow. I'm only waiting on two phone calls and some data. Boring!

No shopping for me. In fact I cleaned my trunk yesterday and took another load of stuff to the consignment tack shop.
    You are one of the SMART ones LOL!!!

Dd's saddle arrived, I happen to be a huge Beval FREAK, and when I decided her saddle was too big for her I started looking for a smaller one. This saddle came up on Ebay the DAY I started looking and no one else bid on it!! Well it arrived today and it is GORGEOUS, Fits DD perfectly ( from what i can tell on the arm of the couch LOL) and she just keeps dancing around and singing " I got a saddle , I got a saddle" Now if the weather would clear we could try it out on our pony and see if she is as thrilled as SArah!!
    Blankets came too and I once again have to sing the praises of www.justforponies.com I ordered two blankets at noon yesterday and they were here TODAY!!! I love that company they are the BEST when it comes to ordering and shipping things in a timely manner!!! And the blanket I ordered will match the tack of the fleece sheet PERFECTLY we are going to have one adorable PINK pony hanging out in the field this winter!!
    Kim

I am waiting for my NEW COUNTY INNOVATION SADDLE!!!

Supposed to be shipped today!!!

I can't wait - a saddle that will fit both me and my horse

Fingers crossed that it's everything I've been waiting for and that it arrives ASAP.