The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Pick a quote option!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • "All wisdom ends in paradox." - jeffery eugenides

0 0%
  • "A man is not a piece of fruit." - death of a salesman

1 12.50%
  • horse quote!

7 87.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Senior quotes. Any good horse related quotes?

Hi! I'm graduating HS this year, and we're submitting our senior quotes for the yearbook this week. I'm debating what to do for mine. Horse or non horse? I have 2 quotes that are non horsey that I love, but I know there's plenty of good horse ones too and I'd love to hear them. HOWEVER, I don't want to do the same old boring horsey quotes that all of us see plastered on mugs and tote bags and things in the tack shop. I want something really strong. (that means no horses are our guardian angels blahblah no time spent in saddle is wasted, winston churchill youre awesome but ive seen this used too many times)

So, please, vote! Tell me what you like best out of the options given in the poll and then give me a few good horsey related quotes
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

How to ride:
    Keep a leg on each side and your mind in the middle.

I forgot to submit mine, so my senior quote was "Insert quote here." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mep0726 View Post
    I forgot to submit mine, so my senior quote was "Insert quote here." LOL
    i would *ALMOST* consider writing 'insert quote here' just because i can be a total clown sometimes! hahah
    (|--Sarah--|)

Oh. I need a senior quote too! I might steal a horsey one from here. I just had my senior pic done with my poiny so I need a horsey quote to go with it.

Im also known as the girl who misses school for a constipated pony , so it is quite fitting.

My senior quote was-
    "Whersoever you go, go with all of your heart"
    -Confuscious (correct me if I am wrong)

I love quotes.

"Beware the hobby that eats." Benjamin Franklin. Seems quite apropos..

My senior quote was:
    "A horse is a thing of such beauty none will tire of looking at him, as long as he displays himself in his splendor" -Xenophon

I also did a senior page with a bunch of photos of me and horses through the ages, accompanied by several horsey quotes, and some quotes not so horsey that meant something horsey to me. My favorite from that set was
    "I do it for the joy it brings, because i am a joyful girl, the world owes me nothing, we owe each other the world, i do it because it's the least i can do, i do it cause i learned it from you, i do it just because i want to, i want to, i just want to" -Ani

Go horsey, it's timeless Now years later i can still look back at the quotes i put in my yearbook and not think to myself "gaw, that was sooo lame"

Also, i have a whole book of just horsey quotes. if you give me an idea of what direction (or style of riding) you want to go, i can type up some suggestions.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

My brother sent in a yearbook quote that I LOVED!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire.

Not horsey, but pretty much says it all..
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyroad1791 View Post
    My brother sent in a yearbook quote that I LOVED!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire.

Not horsey, but pretty much says it all..
    thats a good one! execpt when i looked at my other yearbooks, i found at least 2 seniors each year who used that one so i'd like to find something neat
    (|--Sarah--|)

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    "Beware the hobby that eats." Benjamin Franklin. Seems quite apropos..
    This one is great!

Mine was:

'A is A' -John Galt (Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand)

I toyed with the idea of doing a horsey quote but my senior pic had three of my horses in it and I've loved Atlas Shrugged since I first read it at age 12 (I've read it at least once a year since then). EVERYONE at school knew I rode (I was away at horse shows for much of the year) so I wanted to include something different and not as expected.

I almost did 'Who is John Galt' instead but was concerned people might interpret it the way it's used by the majority of characters (an expression of hopelessness) and not how it's used by Dagny and other's in Galt's Gulch . Highly recommend it if you haven't read it.

"the sooner you get behind, the more time you have to get caught up!"

OR

"during the time that I am gone, I will return."

OR

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." Matt Groening

"Over, under or through" former eventer

for something horsey I love this one:

"His is a power enhanced by pride,
    a courage heightened by challenge.
    His is a swiftness intensified by strength,
    a majesty magnified by grace.
    His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness,
    a spirit that calls our hearts to dream."
    -Author Unknown

for non-horsey these are a little longer but three of my favorites:

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

"It's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life." american beauty

"May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."-blow

and then there is Vince Lombardi - one of the greatest coaches ever:

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender"

I've always loved the quotes (both horsey related): "In riding a horse, we borrow freedom," and ""Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life has been radically changed" [Ralph Waldo Emerson]."

Hope that helps at all!
    "Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride."
    Proud Member of the "OMFG I've been Banned" clique.

Short enough to ride ponies but old enough to be in law school. What a life.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I really like this quote from International Velvet: “In life, the important thing is not the triumph, but the struggle. In other words, not to have conquered, but to have fought well.” – International Velvet (Captain Johnson)

We had yearbook pages, and the quotes I used were (I think...it's been awhile!)

"It is not our abilities that show who we truly are, but our choices" - Albus Dumbledore

and

"So don't just sit upon the shoreline and say your satisfied, choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I love this thread, I don't need a senior quote (homeschooled) but I did get my senior pictures done recently and as soon as I get them back I'll have to get coth to help me pick the best one out.
    “It's about the horse and that's it.” - GM

!! is the new .

I really like the quote in my sig. line: "To do something that you feel in your heart that's great, you need to make a lot of mistakes. Anything successful is a series of mistakes."

But if you are going to something a little less inspirational and a little more "fun," I've got those too. Some of my favorites:

"Let them eat cake!"

"One man's wrong lead is another man's counter canter."

"Cactus plants act so tough, but I know they're hiding hearts of gold. Why can't they just let down their guard and have FUN?"

"The world would be a better place without burnt sandwhiches."

"I go to seek a great perhaps"

"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it"

"Never run in the rain with your socks on"

BUT, I do like the one you have about the piece of fruit too.
    "To do something that you feel in your heart that's great, you need to make a lot of mistakes. Anything that is successful is a series of mistakes." -B.J. Armstrong

Also, when I was looking for a quote I would read my friends FB pages under their 'quotes' section. I found some really great ones there! Just another source to look into...everyone fb stalks when their board so may as well make it productive!